Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks to all who took the trouble to post their experiences.

Not really knowing what I'm doing but following the information posted above and the phone calls with Mark, I think I'm almost set. Had to warm the locking ring to get it to move at all.

All that remains to be done is get to the club and zero.

Gary

They are indeed a nice scope for the money. Beware of head positioning problems and parallax error though!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Thanks Andy will try to remember.

So far so good. Checked focus at the club today. The locking ring was free out in the cold but tighter when home again!

Zero shoot went well after changing the moderator for the bling barrel end and near as makes no difference matches the Hawke BRC figures for gun chrono reading at the zero'd distance. Half Mildots make a huge difference in confidence for me after using Mildots and then LRX reticles.

Gary

Glad your liking it Gary, get the lowest mounts you can get away with and get hitting more of the closer ones. I need to rezero mine as I've changed to SportsMatch lows on the EV. Hopefully getting to the club on Friday all being well.
    Mark
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

Wise advice Mark. I think the main reason for how "flat" my MFR shoots with the Panorama on board is due to the low mounting original Theoben mounting system. Have you changed to a Steyr now Mark?

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

EV 4-12x40AO - Map6a

Picked one up the other day - got it mounted on a regulated BSA Ultra/Hornet hybrid.

So far I'm very impressed.

Nice clear optics, certainly better than the cost of the scope would suggest. I would suggest they are better than previous Hawke scopes I've owned, I've not owned a 'Sidewinder 30 Tactical' but did have a 'Sidewinder 30 3-12x50'.

The reticule looks very useful and the illumination in red and blue (my favourite) is very acceptable on levels 1 to 4 (5 seems a bit strong to me).

The general finish of the scope and the smoothness of the zoom ring and AO is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Wise advice Mark. I think the main reason for how "flat" my MFR shoots with the Panorama on board is due to the low mounting original Theoben mounting system. Have you changed to a Steyr now Mark?

Andy
    No Andy, just not got around to changing it yet. Think I will now though buddy. Mark
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

I'm a wee bit confused (not unusual for me!) at the supposedly increased depth of field on this 'scope. Checking the spec against my Mamba Lite 3-12x44 they are exactly the same at 100 yds.

Not that it matters too much as I've just bought an MTC Viper Connect......now here's a 'scope that really does break the rules!

ATB

Ken (a through & through MTC fan with no affiliation at all to the Company)