Just as an update to my original thread. Having recently decided to go down the high mounts 40 yard zero route with my HW80, I decided that the Simmons WTC 3-10-50 that has lived on the gun happily for eight years needed to be put into retirement. I needed a scope with half mil dots to aid with shot placement and dropped into Blackpool for a chat with Lloyd and the lads.

It seems that the AO range now comes with the option of the half mil, something not available when originally released. Anyway, as I will be using the gun for both field work and HFT, the specification that suited me best was the 3-9-40 with adjustable objective. I was well chuffed when I realised that this scope now comes with the genuinely useful (in my opinion) half mil scale. Parting with my hard earned and heading off to my clubs outdoor range for a zeroing session, I would have to say that I am even more impressed with this little scope than I was with the original one (4-12-40) that I had. The additional aim-points are really useful and not just a gimmick, and the image remains remarkably clear for such a relatively cheap scope.

I can only confirm my original comments that this range of optics truly represents excellent value for money. I now look forward to seeing how it performs in the real world, although with the parallax set at 25 yards and the 40 yd zero, I am confident that it will do the gun it sits on top of justice. Its just a pity that it is me that has to let them down by pulling the trigger!

Andy