Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
i recently picked up a 4x12-50 with the half milldot, only reason being is i picked up a cheap sidewinder 30 and loved the ret/glass but the scope was way too big imho, checked out the hawke web site as i wanted a 1" tube for weight and found the panorama , sold the 30 and bought the panorama and all i can say is what a great scope the image is crystal clear during the day. i bought it for my .177 airrifle but honestly get your head/eyepiece in allignment and the image is so sharp i put it on my .22lr ( and took off a zeiss conquest, i kid you not , i know the zeiss is a little ott for the .22rf but for a £350 difference in price i cant justify the zeiss ) im now looking for a 4-12x40 for the airrifle,

Does anybody have any experience of the varmint sidefocus as i like the look of the 4-16x44 and if the glass is as good as the panorama then this could be on my hmr
thanks
craig
I have one of the varmint's on my .20 huntsman glass is good and the side focus is about right, you do need to check the ranges and then mark up the side wheel, the mil dots in my opinion are not to thick, i would say about right.