Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I too have always considered MTC good value for money for a well made product. Thanks for pointing out that the "Mamba Lite" has the same field of view as the "Panorama". Lets be honest, they are probably made in the same factory and wear the same clothes, so it would come as no surprise to me to find their performance very similar.

I have yet to try the "Connect", so can't personally comment on that particular scopes performance.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

The 100m refers to the parallax setting not FOV.
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

FOV (field of view) is different to DOF (depth of field). The field of view is better with the EV than the Mamba maybe not the DOF, although i suspect they are very close.
    The one hundred yard "thing" your on about is irrellavent to most Airgun shooters, close (8yds) to long range (55yds max) is what we are on about. I understand that not all are airgun shooters but i would have thought for powder burners a higher mag would be more benefit due to the increased range a shot can be taken at?
    I don't shoot bullet rifles so can't comment on the shooters needs, but for Airgun hunting and HFT is a cracker for a cracking price.
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

My thoughts entierly Mark....

I received my 3x9x40 the other day and must say i'm very impressed with the scope - I did notice the problem with the turret covers that Tweaky mentioned though, and sent him a pm to ask where to get the o-rings from. He kindly told me where to look and said he send me some if i couldn't get any if i just covered the postage. Anyway, after that i got ill with the flu and didn't get chance to look for any but to my surprise some came in the post this morning from tweaky! So i'd just like to say thanks and what a top guy!
    When i get over this flu i'll get the scope mounted and see what she can do on the range!

I would advise reading Jim Tylers article in this months "Airgun World" regarding the correct setting up of the scope if you intend to re-parallax if you havent already. Sound advice I reckon and I have reset mine according to Jim's guidance (at 20 yards incidentaly allowing a clear image from 10ish to 45 ish.)

Andy

This may sound like a stupid question but I take it that you do not need to have the recticle illuminated all the time to use the scope?

By all accounts it seems to be a nice scope, what attracts me to it is the Half Mil dots which should give me more accurate aim off points for my .22 SLR 98, so if I went down this route I would take the Hawke Endurance off the .22 and put it on my .20 and put the Panorama on the SLR.

There is always something that we need/want, I reckon this little baby is on my list.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I would advise reading Jim Tylers article in this months "Airgun World" regarding the correct setting up of the scope if you intend to re-parallax if you havent already. Sound advice I reckon and I have reset mine according to Jim's guidance (at 20 yards incidentaly allowing a clear image from 10ish to 45 ish.)

Andy
    Hi Andy

What did you have to reset?

ATB

Ken