Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Glad you are enjoying yours as well Mark! I think we both agree that for the money, its currently pretty hard to beat this new scope. I rezeroed my Rapid with the parallax set at the normal 25 yard HFT range and the sight picture is still pretty damned clear from 10-45.
    The fact that you were able to unscrew the objective housing and readjust your parallax on the fixed scope will no doubt be reassuring to others who prefer the half-mill reticle on the fixed versions. I reckon the MAP 6A is also good for both HFT and hunting as well.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I have a couple these in the 4-12x40 fixed half mildot format, while i agree they are exceptional for the price i have spotted a flaw, the turret caps do not tighten down onto the rubber sealing washers, infact if they are tighened down a little too much when they are undone they turn the adjusters, make a note of where they are set and try it! I cured this by putting a 22x1mm o ring over the threads of each turret, the caps now seal on these before touching the adjusters.
    BSA Ultra .177 Regged Nightforce 2.5-10x24

Right everyone, I shot my EV2 with the Panorama on top today in the Troops trophy at Fort. I still stand by what I said, it's an awsome little scope for the money, i'll have to learn the blurr a little more but this has the making of a great little HFT scope. The Px could be wound in a little more as the 50yders were suprisingly clear so i could make the 8yd targets a little clearer.
    The blue illumination set on #2 work fantastic too making the ret in the darker wooded area easier to see.
    It was my second time shooting this combo, the first being the zero session. I managed to put a 45ex50 in with it so im a happy chappie.
    Mark

PS: Thanks for the tip tweaky, i'll give them a check. If this is the only floor with the scope then i think Hawke have a winner.
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

Thanks to all who took the trouble to post their experiences.

Not really knowing what I'm doing but following the information posted above and the phone calls with Mark, I think I'm almost set. Had to warm the locking ring to get it to move at all.

All that remains to be done is get to the club and zero.

Gary

They are indeed a nice scope for the money. Beware of head positioning problems and parallax error though!

Andy

Thanks Andy will try to remember.

So far so good. Checked focus at the club today. The locking ring was free out in the cold but tighter when home again!

Zero shoot went well after changing the moderator for the bling barrel end and near as makes no difference matches the Hawke BRC figures for gun chrono reading at the zero'd distance. Half Mildots make a huge difference in confidence for me after using Mildots and then LRX reticles.

Gary

Glad your liking it Gary, get the lowest mounts you can get away with and get hitting more of the closer ones. I need to rezero mine as I've changed to SportsMatch lows on the EV. Hopefully getting to the club on Friday all being well.
    Mark

Wise advice Mark. I think the main reason for how "flat" my MFR shoots with the Panorama on board is due to the low mounting original Theoben mounting system. Have you changed to a Steyr now Mark?

Andy

EV 4-12x40AO - Map6a

Picked one up the other day - got it mounted on a regulated BSA Ultra/Hornet hybrid.

So far I'm very impressed.

Nice clear optics, certainly better than the cost of the scope would suggest. I would suggest they are better than previous Hawke scopes I've owned, I've not owned a 'Sidewinder 30 Tactical' but did have a 'Sidewinder 30 3-12x50'.

The reticule looks very useful and the illumination in red and blue (my favourite) is very acceptable on levels 1 to 4 (5 seems a bit strong to me).

The general finish of the scope and the smoothness of the zoom ring and AO is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Wise advice Mark. I think the main reason for how "flat" my MFR shoots with the Panorama on board is due to the low mounting original Theoben mounting system. Have you changed to a Steyr now Mark?

Andy
    No Andy, just not got around to changing it yet. Think I will now though buddy. Mark

I'm a wee bit confused (not unusual for me!) at the supposedly increased depth of field on this 'scope. Checking the spec against my Mamba Lite 3-12x44 they are exactly the same at 100 yds.

Not that it matters too much as I've just bought an MTC Viper Connect......now here's a 'scope that really does break the rules!

ATB

Ken (a through & through MTC fan with no affiliation at all to the Company)

I too have always considered MTC good value for money for a well made product. Thanks for pointing out that the "Mamba Lite" has the same field of view as the "Panorama". Lets be honest, they are probably made in the same factory and wear the same clothes, so it would come as no surprise to me to find their performance very similar.

I have yet to try the "Connect", so can't personally comment on that particular scopes performance.

Andy

The 100m refers to the parallax setting not FOV.
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

FOV (field of view) is different to DOF (depth of field). The field of view is better with the EV than the Mamba maybe not the DOF, although i suspect they are very close.
    The one hundred yard "thing" your on about is irrellavent to most Airgun shooters, close (8yds) to long range (55yds max) is what we are on about. I understand that not all are airgun shooters but i would have thought for powder burners a higher mag would be more benefit due to the increased range a shot can be taken at?
    I don't shoot bullet rifles so can't comment on the shooters needs, but for Airgun hunting and HFT is a cracker for a cracking price.

My thoughts entierly Mark....