Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

I received my 3x9x40 the other day and must say i'm very impressed with the scope - I did notice the problem with the turret covers that Tweaky mentioned though, and sent him a pm to ask where to get the o-rings from. He kindly told me where to look and said he send me some if i couldn't get any if i just covered the postage. Anyway, after that i got ill with the flu and didn't get chance to look for any but to my surprise some came in the post this morning from tweaky! So i'd just like to say thanks and what a top guy!
    When i get over this flu i'll get the scope mounted and see what she can do on the range!

I would advise reading Jim Tylers article in this months "Airgun World" regarding the correct setting up of the scope if you intend to re-parallax if you havent already. Sound advice I reckon and I have reset mine according to Jim's guidance (at 20 yards incidentaly allowing a clear image from 10ish to 45 ish.)

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

This may sound like a stupid question but I take it that you do not need to have the recticle illuminated all the time to use the scope?

By all accounts it seems to be a nice scope, what attracts me to it is the Half Mil dots which should give me more accurate aim off points for my .22 SLR 98, so if I went down this route I would take the Hawke Endurance off the .22 and put it on my .20 and put the Panorama on the SLR.

There is always something that we need/want, I reckon this little baby is on my list.

Martin

you can see the ret just the same as a normal ret when you don't use the illumination.
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I would advise reading Jim Tylers article in this months "Airgun World" regarding the correct setting up of the scope if you intend to re-parallax if you havent already. Sound advice I reckon and I have reset mine according to Jim's guidance (at 20 yards incidentaly allowing a clear image from 10ish to 45 ish.)

Andy
    Hi Andy

What did you have to reset?

ATB

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have reset the occular focus(eyebell)at the same range as the parallax. This will mean less parallax error, but still requires you to ensure that your head is in exactly the same position for each shot. As always, failure to do so can and will result in parallax error creeping in and causing shots to drift off your aim-point.

Remember that this scope costs less than £150. For that price it is excellent value, but is limited by not having quite the performance of more expensive optics. Nevertheless, I personally would highly recommend it as a good all-round scope for both hunting and HFT.

Andy
    Last edited by Amac; 30-12-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Ive been watching this thread for quite a while and one of the things that attracted me was the half mil dot as this would obviously help with hold over/under using my .22

Well behind the wifes back Ive just ordered one and should get it on Tuesday (while she is at her mums )

Martin

Hi Ken,

I have reset the occular focus(eyebell)at the same range as the parallax. This will mean less parallax error, but still requires you to ensure that your head is in exactly the same position for each shot. As always, failure to do so can and will result in parallax error creeping in and causing shots to drift off your aim-point.

Remember that this scope costs less than £150. For that price it is excellent value, but is limited by not having quite the performance of more expensive optics. Nevertheless, I personally would highly recommend it as a good all-round scope for both hunting and HFT.

Andy
    Thanks for that Andy

I too am considering one of these for my NV setup. I can't afford the high end scopes S&B etc & whilst they are undeniably superb construction & glass, they aren't so very much better than say my Viper Connect or Mamba Lite ....for the type of shooting I do.

ATB

Ken

You are very naughty Martin ordering behind your wife's back (says he who has just arranged an Airwolf to be posted to his parents home rather than face the music myself!)

And Ken, I guarantee that you will be impressed with the optics of the Panorama when you get to see one!

Andy

You are very naughty Martin ordering behind your wife's back (says he who has just arranged an Airwolf to be posted to his parents home rather than face the music myself!)

And Ken, I guarantee that you will be impressed with the optics of the Panorama when you get to see one!

Andy
    Oh yes! but at least I can hide my scope you've got to come clean with your misses pretty soon to a lot of people especially to those that are none the wiser one scope looks much like another

Martin

I am currently working to a "cunning plan" that involves storage of most of my arsenal at my elderly parents house. The only gun Sandra recognises is the Steyr, so thats the one she sees the most! Its worked up to now until someone rumbles me!

I have got scopes hidden all over the show as well........

Andy

I am currently working to a "cunning plan" that involves storage of most of my arsenal at my elderly parents house. The only gun Sandra recognises is the Steyr, so thats the one she sees the most! Its worked up to now until someone rumbles me!

I have got scopes hidden all over the show as well........

Andy
    Bloody hell matey!

a scope and 5000 pellets can easily be hidden or overlooked but rifles no way.
    I recently bought a .20 Evo, actually it was a bargain not to be missed and I could have had the rifle on loan and paid for it when I had the cash, the wife was'nt too happy with my owing money so I paid it off quicker than I thought I could. my scope will be well hidden on my SLR98

mARTIN

Im going to tell your Mrs!!!!!

Im going to tell your Mrs!!!!!
    You can mate I've only spent £180 behind her back but as you said you've got to move your arsenal to you parents and that must have cost £?000 behind her back

Martin

I got my Hawke Panorama today but unfortunately I going to return it as I just cannot see the mil dots or the half mildots and there was very little diference with the blue iluminating recticule on and the red was simply a jumble of lines.

So while there may be a fault with the iluminating recticle with my scope I still cannot see bug*er all with it switched off, shame that.

Martin