Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hawke seem to be onto a winner with this particular optic chaps. Great value for money and fine performance to boot!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

mounts

Hi all,

Which mounts would people recommend when using this scope with an HW100. Would the single piece, medium sportsmatch mounts be ok?

cheers

Bernie

Has anyone found a Sunshade which fits the Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40?

If you have, where did you get it from?

Thanks!

IIRC Deben were selling one for the Panorama . http://www.deben.com/spares/hawke-sunshade.html , best phone and ask though to get the correct one .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    IIRC Deben were selling one for the Panorama . http://www.deben.com/spares/hawke-sunshade.html , best phone and ask though to get the correct one .

atvb

Dave
    Dave, unless I'm being stupid, they only list a 44mm or 50mm Sunshade, so I assume the Panorama 4-12x40 would take a 40mm sunshade?

Or am I wrong as usual?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post
    Dave, unless I'm being stupid, they only list a 44mm or 50mm Sunshade, so I assume the Panorama 4-12x40 would take a 40mm sunshade?

Or am I wrong as usual?

Thanks
    Morning stupid Thats why I said ask them , showed you the link so you could contact them as they do apparently sell a shade to fit the Panorama .

many thanks

Dave ( not stoopid but definitely a pug ugly munter )
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Morning stupid Thats why I said ask them , showed you the link so you could contact them as they do apparently sell a shade to fit the Panorama .

many thanks

Dave ( not stoopid but definitely a pug ugly munter )
    Sent them an email late last night and they replied today saying :

We will have sunshades available for the Panorama range of scopes, however they are not currently in stock. We are due a delivery of these by the end of March (should be sooner)

Keep checking the Deben website, as stock is updated on there daily.

Looks like we will have to wait about a month then!

HTH and Thanks Dave!

I bought the Panorama in 4x16x50 ao and must say that the claim of 20% extra FOV is a farce.

Do you like the scope though?

Rubber ocular extension benefit?

Hi first post! I wondered if anyone would be so kind as to offer some advice.

I've just bought a Panaorama based on the good comments on this thread - it's also how I discovered AirgunBBS when I did a search for Hawke Panorama EV Reviews!

I've just fitted it to my new HW100T, with medium height 2 piece BKL mounts. The thing is the fore mount is right up to the bell of the lense and is also right on the edge of the forward part of the breach, so I have no further backwards movement available to the scope. This is resulting in a not very comfortable firing position. So I wondered if one of the rubber ocular eye extensions (pig's ear?) available from Bisley would ease the situation. Also I thought it might help with another problem I'm getting with peripheral vision interference when aiming with both eyes open?

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Ken

Have you considered reach back or reach forward mounts? Like these -http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/mounts--rails-1-tube-mounts-(11mm-38-dovetails)-sportmatch-1-mounts/smeto9c-sportsmatch-2-piece-extended-double-clamp-mounts-1-45mm-[et09c].html

Ive just bought the 3-9x40 EV which will be going on my fac rapid after i pick it from being tuned Looking forward to seeing how it performs.
    Mick
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Let us all know what you think Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Let us all know what you think Mick.

Ive been out once since getting my rapid back and first impressions are very good. The Panorama replaced a 3.5-10x40 Simmons wtc and the Hawke seems a very good replacement. I love the half mil dot ret! Ive had a little practice using this ret in conjunction with my laser rangefinder and know what holdover i need up to 70yds and shot some magpies a couple of days ago. I now lase whatever im shooting at to get an accurate distance to target and use the necessary holdover using the mildots rather than dialling in its so easy...
    The optics are very bright and have an excellent field of view and although early days still im loving the little hawke. Im about to take the rapid out to a new shoot which is only a few miles from the house and is teaming with rabbits and expect the hawke to perform well as light goes.
    Mick
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Good review/write mate.

Ive been looking at one of these or the varmint SF.

Ive had the SW30 and the optics where very crisp, just wondering.. if i go for the AO version of the panorama what choice of rets does it come with? which one will suit .20 cal?
    chief