Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    I believe that you can now buy the panorama AO model with half mildot ret which should sell a few more to the HFT 'ers

I have the TAC 30 fixed 10x sidewinder which I really like and is very clear and bright with good colours too, but has BIG target turrets! Has anyone compared the fixed 10x sidewinder to the Panorama?
    will be testing mine against the fixed 10 tac this sunday dean so far on first impressions I am impressed the ret is great, just need to reparalax to hft range to compare it to the tac.
    WHERE EVER DUTY AND GLORY LEAD.

STEYR 110 HP HAWKE TAC 30.

Quote Originally Posted by monty57 View Post
    I've just recieved the night eye sf digi ir from hawke. it's on my .243 after a conversation on the phone with a tech guy at deben. i down loaded the brc ballistic calculator and set it to the .243 winchester after 6 rounds to zero at 100 yards in a 15 to 20mph wind from the left i shot agroup of 1 1/2 . then using the mildots and windage dots on the map6 ret i shot a mellon at 300 yds spot on very good scope very clear and the ir was brilliant 50mm objective and clear glass gave light when i din't expect to see anything . this praise doesn't come from someone who doesn't know good quality scopes as on my .22-250 i use a swarovsky both are good lowlight hunting fox deer scopes but the price for the nite eye is a lot less.

all the monty57.
    I have the night eye digi on my hw100, fantastic scope, as good as the tac 30 i had and much better than the mtc mamba it replaced, will be getting another for sure but would like to try the panorama.

I have swapped most of my scopes (MTC'S) FOR THE 4-12X40'S WITH THE HALF MILDOT RET.

Truly a great range of scopes for the money.
    Atb.

Nice review Andy looking at getting one. Thanks Dave.

i recently picked up a 4x12-50 with the half milldot, only reason being is i picked up a cheap sidewinder 30 and loved the ret/glass but the scope was way too big imho, checked out the hawke web site as i wanted a 1" tube for weight and found the panorama , sold the 30 and bought the panorama and all i can say is what a great scope the image is crystal clear during the day. i bought it for my .177 airrifle but honestly get your head/eyepiece in allignment and the image is so sharp i put it on my .22lr ( and took off a zeiss conquest, i kid you not , i know the zeiss is a little ott for the .22rf but for a £350 difference in price i cant justify the zeiss ) im now looking for a 4-12x40 for the airrifle,

Does anybody have any experience of the varmint sidefocus as i like the look of the 4-16x44 and if the glass is as good as the panorama then this could be on my hmr
    thanks
    craig

the ret is different on the varmint its not floating like the tac 30 or pan but rather thick
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Thanks Tugg

Can anyone tell me if the 3-9x50 version is any improvement on the 4-12x40?

I thinking of buying the above.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcock View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the 3-9x50 version is any improvement on the 4-12x40?

I thinking of buying the above.

Thanks.
    Depends what you want it for to be honest.
    I went for the 4-12-40 as I prefer the smaller front end scopes for better depth of field for hunting and HFT. All of the Panoramas are very bright and the 40mm will sit lower on your gun.
    BASC

I got the 50mm in the end mate, but I wish I had gone for the 40mm

Never mind. Still a great scope for the money. Just save up for the smaller objective!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcock View Post
    I got the 50mm in the end mate, but I wish I had gone for the 40mm
    I did try and warn him!

These are very good for the money and I think I will be selling a few scopes to go over to these, although the Sightron on my HFT gun will remain. I have a 4x12x40 pan and a TAC 30 fixed 10x on my back up HFT rig. The Tac 30 is not too far behind the Sightron though, which makes you think.
    The good thing is how bright they are, and clear. I find that they do have a very slight convex look to the image but this can be useful for HFT with the closer shots.

Dean.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Depends what you want it for to be honest.
    I went for the 4-12-40 as I prefer the smaller front end scopes for better depth of field for hunting and HFT. All of the Panoramas are very bright and the 40mm will sit lower on your gun.
    I have the 40 mm and on the rimfire under a decent lamp it picks up enough light for 100 yard shots no problem so the light gathering is pretty good, and they do sit nice and snug to the barrel
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    i recently picked up a 4x12-50 with the half milldot, only reason being is i picked up a cheap sidewinder 30 and loved the ret/glass but the scope was way too big imho, checked out the hawke web site as i wanted a 1" tube for weight and found the panorama , sold the 30 and bought the panorama and all i can say is what a great scope the image is crystal clear during the day. i bought it for my .177 airrifle but honestly get your head/eyepiece in allignment and the image is so sharp i put it on my .22lr ( and took off a zeiss conquest, i kid you not , i know the zeiss is a little ott for the .22rf but for a £350 difference in price i cant justify the zeiss ) im now looking for a 4-12x40 for the airrifle,

Does anybody have any experience of the varmint sidefocus as i like the look of the 4-16x44 and if the glass is as good as the panorama then this could be on my hmr
    thanks
    craig
    I have one of the varmint's on my .20 huntsman glass is good and the side focus is about right, you do need to check the ranges and then mark up the side wheel, the mil dots in my opinion are not to thick, i would say about right.
    Falcon Prairie CS.22 Huntsmans .20 Theoben .20 & .22 FAC

I cant believe its seven years ago that I got my first Panorama and carried out the initial review! I have just today bought a new 3-9x40 to sit on a springer and the image still looks impressive for the money. A truly great scope for airgunning!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !