Thread: Silencer/Twang reducer - Steyr LG100

Silencer/Twang reducer - Steyr LG100

Young lads got his new LG100FT. (I'm still crying over what I traded in for it - a hero i am a bloomin hero )

It has a bit of a "twang" on it when fired. Does anyone know if a "silencer" can be fitted and if so who makes them.

Thanks
    SteveH

funny thing about that twang. mines never done it, yet ive heard a couple doing it . and one that sounded like Big Ben and this had some sort of moderator or brake fitted and a quickfill mod done.
    could it be that last 1/8 turn when tightening the cylinder be it.?
    Regards
    Seggy

Thanks for that Corkscrew and the PM. I'll try both.

Problem with SG is he shoots the Midland circuit as well as the NW so we only see him at GP's now. It's his fault we got the Steyr in the first place - long chat over a coffee at the Europeans.

Thinking about it - if you listen to him - he's got a bit of a twang as well.

Happy Christmas and thanks,

SteveH

When you say 'twang' do you mean a real spring type noise?

If so, then this is the hammer spring requiring some lubrication. It is not a hard job, but it does require some disassembly work.

I can PM you the details, or if the gun is brand new, take it back and tell them the hammer spring requires a lube.

There is a silencer assembly available for the Steyr. Phone Mendip Shooting Ground on: 01749 673471, and ask to speak to Vern.

Hope that helps,
    Neil

Cheers Neil
    I don't think its a fault its just quite loud compared to other rifles we have and has a very distinctive sound. Twang was the best descriptive I could do - now if you could actually here me do it !!!

SteveH

Mike H Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Young lads got his new LG100FT. (I'm still crying over what I traded in for it - a hero i am a bloomin hero )
    Thanks
    SteveH
    You didn't trade the Ripper in, did you ? Or was it the wife
    Mike.

Trade the Ripper - never, and the wifes got a few more good years yet.

It was the nice MFR with the Burriss.

Still want to look at the MG1 Pistol?

SteveH

Mike H Guest
    Yep. Leaving for Stockton-on-Tees to do that job in about half hour. If all goes well, I'll be back tonight, if not tomorrow sometime. I'll text you when I'm back and we can arrange something. No rush if you're busy though
    Mike.

FT Shooter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    I don't think its a fault its just quite loud compared to other rifles we have and has a very distinctive sound. Twang was the best descriptive I could do - now if you could actually here me do it !!!

SteveH
    Know exactly the sound you mean. I have an LG 100 FT which doesn't do it and an LG 100 Hunter which is quite loud. A silencer makes no difference whatsoever except to make it more noticeable because of less muzzle report! The Hunter is standard and the FT has the usual Hydrographics mods. I would also welcome a cure for this should you get any info off screen.

Ian