Thread: Valuation required on Original Mod 50

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella

Valuation required on Original Mod 50

I have an Original Model 50
    Its a 1978 model, metalwork & bluing is excellent, nigh on perfect, stock has its original finish but has a few scratches.
    Its a .22 & has been totally stripped cleaned & relubed with new spring & piston washer recent fitted.
    It shoots very well with its standard iron sights
    I also have a diopter sight for it but this may be of more use on a 177 version.
    An idea of value for the rifle & diopter sight would be appreciated.

Original Model 50

Hi Keith,
    there was one of these advertised on here a while back for about 120, I have one and thats what I would value mine at.
    Hope thats a help
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

I sold an 8/10 .22 one on here for £130 recently. As stated before the if the Diopoter sight is an 'Original' , it could be worth a fair bit on its own.

alf

There was an article on the Model 50 in the "May 2010" issue (Volume 33, Issue number 9) of "Airgun World". The example in the article was fitted with the diopter sight and the author of the article had recently paid "somewhere between" £100 and £200 for it from the "local firearms dealer".

Hope the above helps. The article was very complimentary about the Model 50 and the diopter sights.

Arrrrgggh!!

I sold my Original 50 type 01 that was in superb condition about five years ago for £60

Was offered it back by another chap that it ended up living with..., i didn't buy it back

i think i'll buy it back when i see the chap again (probably gone up again by then )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Original 50

Hi,

The sight alone is worth £50, you try and buy one for less, it will depend on condition for the rifle, I sold a 177 in perfect condition with an original diopter for £200 on this site.

Jim

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Thanks for the replies, if i decide to sell it i will start a separate thread as per the rules. Main reason is its a right hand stock & im left handed ambidextrous it aint!