Thread: Some pictures of my 'new' 1977 HW35

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Some pictures of my 'new' 1977 HW35

Heres a few pics I took this am in the conservatory. I have done nothing to this rifle yet, its as it came to me. I can see lots of dust/ fluff inside the stock/ between the action. Its been in the back of a wardrobe for donkeys years.
    Having taken this pics I put some parker hale oil on the metalwork and it has come up rather well. There is no rust, but I can see someone has cleaned the barrel with wire wool or something like in the past Previous owner has lightly engraved his name and postcode on the action. I rather like this as it keeps a bit of the rifles history intact.

Cant decide what to do with the wood. Its not perfect, but I am veering towards leaving it alone with it original finish. Feels like a shame to remove it.
    Just need to find some iron sights for it now!
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...chsapart/hw35/

THIS is my parts bin '35 made up of spares that I have accumulated over the years to the extent it has two serial numbers - one on the barrel and one on the cylinder. It was re-blued by Colin at M/c Air Guns and what a great job he did too.
    Perhaps a WANTED advert on here will produce the open sights that you require. There must be dozens of set gathering dust in airgunners drawers.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hw35

I have one in similar condition and I aim to keep it as it is. I think the older guns look rather strange re-blued and the stock refinished.
    Apart from a good clean and relube, seals etc I would leave it alone.
    Lovely gun.

When do we see pictures of the standard?
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Thanks Peter, I agree with you, they look better with a bit of patina.
    I hope to have some pictures of the Standard after the weekend. I was just reading about yours, I have never seen a club standard. Presume it was designedfor bell target shooting? I have a light pattern in .177, great fun. This is the light pattern:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ght%20pattern/

all the best Paul
    Last edited by watchsapart; 11-11-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Standard

The link does not work for me.
    Mine is in bits having it's internals fettled, not that it really needed it. I will post piccys when it's done. God it's a long beasty.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    The link does not work for me.
    Mine is in bits having it's internals fettled, not that it really needed it. I will post piccys when it's done. God it's a long beasty.
    Hi Peter

I wish I could do all that clicky posty stuff I could show you my old 35 then.

All the blueing has about worn off after fourty years of use and abuse and the stock could do with a little TLC but all the internals are cock on.

All the best Mick

Here is the correct link Peter. They are long mine feels twice as long as I am used to this little light pattern! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ght%20pattern/

atvb - Paul

Light pattern

Nice one. Great guns.
    Yours was the first gun I ever had, a tatty one my old dad got for me around 1946 I used to walk up and down the street taking starlings off rooftops. Sorry about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Nice one. Great guns.
    Yours was the first gun I ever had, a tatty one my old dad got for me around 1946 I used to walk up and down the street taking starlings off rooftops. Sorry about it now.
    Bet the Starlings were too... you would have the swat team & copter racing to get to you these days..