Thread: Standard club

Standard club

Hi got my lovely standard club today and it's in great condition, can't wait for the wind to drop so I can have a shoot.
    Does anyone know what the stocks were on these old guns? If it's beech then it's a nice bit of wood.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Hi,

Do you mean a BSA CS Club Standard in .177 if you do the Stock is Walnut..Some of them great pieces, for the wood alone... Never mind the superb metalwork engineering...A true piece of British Engineering at it's very best...

Regard's...Steve..

Inproved

Club Standard

Yes it's a Club Standard in 177 and from the looks of it it has hardly been used. I must say I have stripped many guns but never come across "fitts" like this gun has. No wonder they go on forever.
    Thanks for the ID on the stock.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Hi Peter, Congratulations on your BSA Club Standard. Is your gun the 45.5" (Club No.1 from the 1920's) or is it the 43.5" (Club No.4 from the 1930's)? The later gun should have the letters 'BSA' raised in the checkering on the stock.

Lakey

Lakey

Hi Lakey.
    I thought you would be interested! It's the club 1 number cs16649
    1932 I think.

Hi Peter, If that means that you have the longer version at 45.5 " long then the date is more likely to be 1922 than 1932.

If it is one of the longer 45.5" rifles then you have one of the best post WW1 air rifles that BSA made. You have the combination of flat shooting .177 calibre, and long sporting length cylinder giving maximum power.

The No.1 Club Standard's are Superb guns and not at all common. The shorter 1930's Club Standard No.4's seem to be more common, than the longer earlier guns.

Post up some picci's when you get a chance I think we would all love to see the gun.

ATB

Lakey

Some pics of Peter's new acquisition here [sob].
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Club

Yes I did know it was 1922 "just testing"

Nice photos but it dont look like that now, after a good wash the stock has come up like it was new, and no you aint havin it back.

Photos with chrono results soon.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Some pics of Peter's new acquisition here [sob].
    Hmmmmmm, I thought I'd seen that gun somewhere before......