Thread: Hello all

Hello all new disabled need help

Hi baz pointed me to here so Hello all.

My name is Geoff I’m wanting to see if this could be a good hobby for myself I have shot before when I lived in S. Ireland. (Offaly)
    shot shotguns a few rifles ect.

This was a far few years back and since then I have become disabled I have a problem with my spine so I can’t walk to far and need cruches.

I would love to target shot give me sothing to do.

I live in Folkestone and know of Dover air gun club I do hope to pop in there soon and see if it’s what I want.
    If not i will have to look at other places if anyone has any in mind?
    Anyone an idea what it would cost to get a mid range setup?

Any help or feedback would go down very well to do with setup places to try ect..

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff1978; 12-11-2010 at 08:40 PM.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hi Geoff - welcome aboard

hi and welcome

Can some of you nice chaps help Geoff by suggesting decent kit for a reasonably priced outfit, .177 is his desired calibre

Both springer and PCP suggestions
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Can some of you nice chaps help Geoff by suggesting decent kit for a reasonably priced outfit, .177 is his desired calibre

Both springer and PCP suggestions
    Thanks to the people saying hi and a Big thanks to baz if anyone can answer hes question I will be very happy.

Hope to slide in and find a place to sit down and learn what i can.

Geoff

Geoff, try asking in the main airgun section, there are plenty of helpful blokes on here

I will start it off by recommending a Theoben Rapid 17, reliable, accurate with plenty of shots plus if it ever needs fixing they are very easy to do

Or AA 400/500 series, BSA Scorpion, Daystate Huntsman, so on, and so on.

Springers would really be a toss up between AA TX range or HW 97 is you fancy underlever, or a pretty large choice of break barrels

The choice is pretty huge, but at least you will get plenty of opinions on here, rahter than when I was young we only had the gun shop bloke who would promise the world but seel you any old tat he had in, sure way to waste loads of hard earned wonga
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Hi Geoff,the HW30S is a lovely little rifle,it's light,easy to cock and has the great Rekord trigger.They are not full power rifles but ideal for a bit of paper punching.Price new I believe is about £180.I've also heard good things about the HW99s (slightly bigger with more power)

Here's a pic of my HW30s with a fancy "doodad" on the barrel ....http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...w30adaptor.jpg

all the best,Keith

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS.

Hi Geoff, nice to see you stumble across the forum. It's certainly the place to find all the info you need mate, especially if its shooting related

I'm sure the people at the local club to you will make you feel right at home. I'll give you a bell later and possibly I might pop down and lend you my AA s410 if I can, then at least you'll have a nice plinking toy to take with you....

YOU BEND IT YOU MEND IT
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ;-)

Hi Geoff

Welcome mate , as you have health problems I would go for something like an air arms s200 - pre charged ,light , accurate , excellent barrels and available second hand for around £300 if you are lucky .

hope that helps

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

It’s a friendly place with a slippery slope so welcome Geoff enjoy the stay …………..

Hi fr5om newbi

Hi all, just to say hello and introduce myself. Senior citizen from the North East of England into all things shooting. Had FAC and shotgun cert when they were only 10 bob each and bought from the post office.....how things have changed.
    Since retirement go shooting most days, pigeon, crows, rabbit, fox and or clay shooting, also do range shooting out to 1000 yds., do all my own reloading both shotgun and centrefire...great hobby in itself, have gundog and go flyfishing as well.....no time for the garden ....lol.
    Regards to all you fellow shooters.