Thread: Hi! From the N. Georgia (USA) Mountains

Hi! From the N. Georgia (USA) Mountains

I'm new to airgunning, and using this forum and Gatewaytoairguns to learn a lot.

Just purchased an HW30s, and really love it, although it's not yet broken in - I've shot less than a tin of pellets through it.m There are two things about it that I really like - it's light and easy to cock, so the whole family can use it, and I can shoot it in my back yard - we have no restrictions on airguns here in Georgia.

In fact, the city of Kennesaw, Ga, (a suburb of Atlanta), has a city ordinance requiring that all homeowners own a firearm and ammunition (Sec 34-1a). No one has ever been charged with violating this ordinance. An amendment exempts those who conscientiously object to owning a firearm, convicted felons, those who cannot afford a firearm, and those with a mental or physical disability that would prevent them from owning a firearm.

I started a thread on the Gatewaytoairguns forum concerning use of a aperture (aka peep, aka diopter) sight, which you might find interesting:

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...ic,3940.0.html

I find the differences between the situation in GB and the US very interesting. I am also finding that I need to learn English

I'll probably lurk here a good deal, but I'll post if I think it worthwhile.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Welcome, nice to have you here
    Mark

The HW30S is a great little springer and probably one of the most enjoyable to shoot, great trigger and easy to shoot well due to almost non-existent recoil. Welcome to the forum.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and welcome to the BBS.

hi and welcome

Hello,welcome aboard mate I also own an HW30s or two, and they're probably my fave backyard rifles,here's pic of one wearing a fancy "uk neil made" silencer adaptor.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...w30adaptor.jpg

all the best,Keith

Silencers must be registered here in the US, $200 fee. That would buy a lot of ear plugs

My HW30s is quiet enough that I don't need ear protection, and haven't yet got any complaints from my neighbors.

That is a good looking item, though.