Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indoor air rifle ranges

indoor air rifle ranges

i dont know if this really goes here but seems better than any other section.

ive been trying to find out the locations of indoor air rifle ranges because the typical welsh weather has stopped me going out for about a month (even then i was bogging when i got home) and at the moment i just wanna zero my new connect ive had for 2 months and play with aim points etc.

i remember seeing about a few in various forums pages and im sure someone said theres one in cirencester.

any ideas guys? ideally the closer to cardiff the better.
    aa s400 177, nikko sterling nighteater ir, jsb exact
    falcon raptor fn19 22, bsa contender, webley accupell

NSRA website and goto the club finder. Most smallbore clubs will have an air rifle section or at least let you join in.

lol just tried looking on there, all clubs within 30 miles are along the lines of -

we may or may not have a range, before you are allowed to see a picture of one of the targets you must prove your have a blood connection to the royal family, turn up every other day for 3 years and pay us half your pension. after which if we like the colour of your socks we may let you join for an aditional fee :P

the one which looked aproachable i tried to email using the one supplied on their website and hotmail told me off because it doesnt exsist lol

Thats really poor and not something I've found at my local clubs.

What do you Welsh have to hide? Well apart from the sheep thing

Why not post on here the names of the clubs you are interested in and see if there are any members who could tell you about the club and arrange to meet you at the club sometime?

We've gained a few members through the BBS.

nelson air rifle club, thet have a covered shooting point at the raange, floodlights and bench. they mainly shoot ft and hft.
    He who never made a mistake never learned anything!
    He who never missed never shot!

This list from our favourite shooting magazines might help too

im already a member of a club thats in affiliation with nelson and can go there for a reduced price, but at the moment im looking for an indoor range to look at aim points etc because its pretty much always raining and blowing a force 5 lately lol.

just looked at that website bullbarrel, castleton is my club so i already know about the other WAFTA clubs and as far as im aware theyre all outdoor with possible cover for the firing line.

only other club nearby is the tondu one which i think i looked at yesturday but ill have another gander just incase.

thanks mates

Quote Originally Posted by popnoodle View Post
    im already a member of a club thats in affiliation with nelson and can go there for a reduced price, but at the moment im looking for an indoor range to look at aim points etc because its pretty much always raining and blowing a force 5 lately lol.

just looked at that website bullbarrel, castleton is my club so i already know about the other WAFTA clubs and as far as im aware theyre all outdoor with possible cover for the firing line.

only other club nearby is the tondu one which i think i looked at yesturday but ill have another gander just incase.

thanks mates
    could try glevum in gloucester,30 yard indoor range

hehe yeah, i put the same post up on 3 forums and this was the last one to get that suggestion. it looks like the best option so may go for a day trip with missus and her brother

thanks for the help guys

Indoor range

Have you tried the Tunnels in Penarth

Jim

no, i dont think theyve come up at all, ill try find them now thanks

when you say tunnels do you mean a club/range called that or are you referring to the commuting tunnels that were supposedly bricked up in the 60's? lol

Indoor range

Hi

There is a small bore club in Penarth, their range is part of the old commuting tunnels, not sure of the name of the club, will find out a contact number from a mate of mine tomorrow, and get back to you.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by popnoodle View Post

thanks mates
    If its Ft range, ie 8 -55 yards your looking to set up, I can do it in less than 60 minutes for you!

shall be at Tondu saturday
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Swansea range

Hi does anyone know of a shooting club 10 meter range or bell target league within a few miles of Swansea as I have just been asked to work down there for six months and want to increase my skills (lack of them) while away from home!

Many thanks

Ed