Thread: hw 80

hw 80

hi im just wondering how easy it would be to change the caliber on my hw80 its in .22 but i would like to make it .177 i know it would be a new barrel but what internals would i need? thanks

power will drop slightly so you may need to replace spring or add a bit of extra weight in the piston

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    But possibly only by 10 percent, so lots of people may not bother, especially if you want to stick your 22 barrel back on again, as if you up output in 177, it will surely be over if changing back to 22 -
    A man of wisdom has spoken

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    But possibly only by 10 percent, so lots of people may not bother, especially if you want to stick your 22 barrel back on again, as if you up output in 177, it will surely be over if changing back to 22 -
    very good point

A small delrin washer, a few mm thick inside the piston in front of the spring would increase the power without altering anything else. Then, if you replace your .22 barrel, just remove the washer. Job done.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

ok then cool i thonught there would be more to it then that i think i will leave the power i will just use it for targets really and then if i do chahge it back i wont forget that i put a washer in there. i prefer not to mess with the power anyway so dose anyone know where i could get a .177 barrel from? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axsorkev View Post
    ok then cool i thonught there would be more to it then that i think i will leave the power i will just use it for targets really and then if i do chahge it back i wont forget that i put a washer in there. i prefer not to mess with the power anyway so dose anyone know where i could get a .177 barrel from? thanks

You need to get it directly from your local RFD and pick it up in person. The chances of finding a second hand one is very small. I looked for ages before giving up and buying a new one.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

bearing in mind how many HW80's hover too close or even go over the limit, changing to .177 and dropping a few fps is probably a good thing!