Thread: Hello just joined

Hello just joined

Hello,
    I've just joined the forums so Hi Guys and Gals.
    A bit of History, I used to shoot smallbore at school and progressed to shotgun vs clays and pigeons. Due to financial restrictions and the location of the nearest shooting ground this came to an end in '89 in Lancashire.
    Moved South again in 97, but due to circumstances (house, kids, paranoia) relinquished the heavyweight licence. Bought an old Hungarian .22 and kept the eye 'sort of in' for the next few years using this a the traditional Garden gun , but much better maintained.
    The offspring have now moved out so time and space are now available so I want to get back to shooting, but not 12g as I now have a back problem which would only be agravated by the shocks
    I've tried the Hungarian on a local 10m range and its not that bad. Basic spinger with scope, but its been well used and I think the barrel seal may need to be replaced, seems to be made of leather.
    Does anyone know if this type of seal is replacable? if so with what, new leather or new O ring? Is it a job with in the skills range of a competant DIY'er?

I was thinking of upgrading, I've tried a number of guns both break barrel, lever and PCP. I do like the PCP for ease of use. Tried an R-10 and a Webley Raider single shot among others, Webley was nice and even with a rusty eye deadly accurate (AA pellets) the R-10 again nice 10 shots, not sure, lot more money, but on the other hand a lot more gun.
    I've seen a lot of recommendations for HW, anyone know where I could try one ? no one at local club seems to have one.

I know what one of the questions will be. What do you want to use it for.
    Well currently I not consistent enough to go for the bunnies, (<2inch groups at 10m). But that is the intention.
    So I'd like a general all rounder that will be good on open Field and covered range. comfortable, not too heavy , or too light (I don't get on with light guns).
    I don't intend to go competitive, too old and enough grey already, I just want to shoot for enjoyment, If I can put a bunny or fowl in the pot then all the better.
    Tinhat Herts.
    Keep it clean , Keep it safe.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hi and welcome

Great introduction! If weight is not an issue, then get yourself an HW100 - you'll be very pleased with it, but you'll really need to try it first - hopefully someone nearer you can help out?

All the best

Timmaaah

hi and welcome

Thnaks for welcome

Will look into an HW 100, thanks for the advice
    Tinhat

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Good morning and Welcome to the BBS.

Welcome to the mad house
    DAYSTATE MK4 IS ST WITH sidewinder 30 4.5x14-42
    AIR ARMS S200 with hawke sr6
    BERETTA 686 SPECIAL SPORTING

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…