Thread: hi all, can you help

hi all, can you help

hi everyone, ive tried asking all my local gunshops and tried getting the answer from just reading other peoples questions/answers but im finaly goin to have to ask the masters at bbs the question of what is a good pcp .22 air rifle for about £450, that would be used for hunting .

any help would be great
    thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Joe09 View Post
    hi everyone, ive tried asking all my local gunshops and tried getting the answer from just reading other peoples questions/answers but im finaly goin to have to ask the masters at bbs the question of what is a good pcp .22 air rifle for about £450, that would be used for hunting .

any help would be great
    thanks alot
    Look Joe, you're going to get a lot of different answers on this. It really depends on what fits YOU best. A multishot for hunting is the best bet, or one that can have a mag fitted later.
    You'll need a scope, again a matter of personal choice, and a bottle (or pump if you like exercise).

The only multishot I know that's sub £300 from new is a Webley, but as you can gather from my signature I like AirArms rifles.

Best advice, try as many as you can, coz there's no point in getting on under budget that you dont like.

Contribute on this forum and you'll get sales access and can pick up a bargain.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

At that sort of price a good used Air Arms S410 will tick a lot of boxes. You might get lucky and find a Rapid for that price too.
    I am assuming that you realise that charging gear and scope will cost you extra. For an 'all in budget' £450 isn't really enough. Sorry but there it is. As has been said already get access to the sales section on here and get yourself a good deal.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

hi and welcome

you should be able to get a Air Arms 410 for that type of money but you do need a pump or dive tank which will add about £150 ish on top

Thanks for the advice, iv got a falcon fn19 at the moment but it's become far to lite so ive got the pump and accessories already.By good gun I meant 1s that aren't known problem guns and have nice smooth bolt actions on the multiple shot. Most of my local shops have a BSA super ten in and an rws excalliber if you've got an opion on them.

Thanks agen

Quote Originally Posted by Joe09 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, iv got a falcon fn19 at the moment but it's become far to lite so ive got the pump and accessories already.By good gun I meant 1s that aren't known problem guns and have nice smooth bolt actions on the multiple shot. Most of my local shops have a BSA super ten in and an rws excalliber if you've got an opion on them.

Thanks agen
    I don't like BSA rifles personally and have no experience of the Excalibre. I do like the S410 which is an excellent rifle but the best of the lot is the Rapid.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

If your FN19 is too light for you then I'd suggest the HW100/k.

My reasons are these:
    1. Cheaper and better magazines than the rapid mags(hw mags £25(?)...rapid mags £50 ish).
    2. The HW100 is regulated.
    3. Very slick sidelever cocking..very quiet.
    4. Better trigger than a rapid.
    5. can't double load it by mistake.

The Rapid series is generally very good and is a tried and tested hunter but the magazine system on the hw100 gives it the edge over the rapid,however I would say try both before you decide.
    Last edited by ikarma70; 19-11-2010 at 11:43 PM.

+1 for a good second hand s410. great rifle for the price and for hunting.
    atb madkinet
    DAYSTATE MK4 IS ST WITH sidewinder 30 4.5x14-42
    AIR ARMS S200 with hawke sr6
    BERETTA 686 SPECIAL SPORTING

thanks alot ill have a look at both