Thread: North American Arms .22 Bullet Mould?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

North American Arms .22 Bullet Mould?

Anyone know where you can obtain a .22 bullet mould that replicates the 30 grain bullet that North American Arms supply for their Companion BP pistols?

Thanks Dougie
    Last edited by Dougie; 17-11-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    If you can't get them in the UK, you might want to try North American Arms directly.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

These guns are shipped from the factory with the bullets that are ordinarily loaded in .22 short cartridges. Acquiring a mold ay prove difficult and would have to be a custom mold I reckon.

However, there are probably a couple of options. See if you can get an ammo company to sell you just the bullets or have you thought about "round ball"? #4 buckshot is .24 calibre and may go quite nicely....

Failing either of he above, the bullets are availibe from NAA direct.

Lyman do a 22 mold - its about £70 though

You might find a .22 LEM Spitzer mould if you ask in the Collectable Airguns section. This was a mould for casting solid bullet shaped airgun pellets circa 1970's-1980's. I've read of people using them for loading .22 Hornet cartridges so they might be ok for a BP revolver.

Alternatively, send an email to NAA and ask if they have an agent in UK (or Europe) where you can buy the bullets from. Sales contact from their website is kenny@naaminis.com
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    You might find a .22 LEM Spitzer mould if you ask in the Collectable Airguns section. This was a mould for casting solid bullet shaped airgun pellets circa 1970's-1980's. I've read of people using them for loading .22 Hornet cartridges so they might be ok for a BP revolver.

Alternatively, send an email to NAA and ask if they have an agent in UK (or Europe) where you can buy the bullets from. Sales contact from their website is kenny@naaminis.com
    Good ideas.

You might also ask on the Muzzleloaders Association of Great Britain (MLAGB) Forum.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    See here, http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-pellet-moulds
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?