Thread: North American Arms .22 Bullet Mould?

North American Arms .22 Bullet Mould?

Anyone know where you can obtain a .22 bullet mould that replicates the 30 grain bullet that North American Arms supply for their Companion BP pistols?

Thanks Dougie
    Last edited by Dougie; 17-11-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    If you can't get them in the UK, you might want to try North American Arms directly.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

These guns are shipped from the factory with the bullets that are ordinarily loaded in .22 short cartridges. Acquiring a mold ay prove difficult and would have to be a custom mold I reckon.

However, there are probably a couple of options. See if you can get an ammo company to sell you just the bullets or have you thought about "round ball"? #4 buckshot is .24 calibre and may go quite nicely....

Failing either of he above, the bullets are availibe from NAA direct.

Lyman do a 22 mold - its about £70 though

You might find a .22 LEM Spitzer mould if you ask in the Collectable Airguns section. This was a mould for casting solid bullet shaped airgun pellets circa 1970's-1980's. I've read of people using them for loading .22 Hornet cartridges so they might be ok for a BP revolver.

Alternatively, send an email to NAA and ask if they have an agent in UK (or Europe) where you can buy the bullets from. Sales contact from their website is kenny@naaminis.com
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    You might find a .22 LEM Spitzer mould if you ask in the Collectable Airguns section. This was a mould for casting solid bullet shaped airgun pellets circa 1970's-1980's. I've read of people using them for loading .22 Hornet cartridges so they might be ok for a BP revolver.

Alternatively, send an email to NAA and ask if they have an agent in UK (or Europe) where you can buy the bullets from. Sales contact from their website is kenny@naaminis.com
    Good ideas.

You might also ask on the Muzzleloaders Association of Great Britain (MLAGB) Forum.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I ought to get one of these. It must fire such a small powder charge that I'll bet it doesn't even smoke up an indoor range very much!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I ought to get one of these. It must fire such a small powder charge that I'll bet it doesn't even smoke up an indoor range very much!

Jim
    Yep Jim only use a .3cc Lee scoop of powder, the firing pin does need a squirt of oil every 15 rounds, as the pistol soon gets carboned up with the parts being so small; great fun tho.
    May have solved the bullet head problem, there's a group buy on 'Cast Boolits' for a .225 34grn mould that looks like it will do the job. Did order some bullet heads from NAA took 10 days to get over the pond which is great service (£42 of my Great British Pounds for 1000 delivered), however I'd rather have the ability to make my own just in case Mr Obama decides to stop exports of anything to do with firearms!!!

Thanks, Dougie. What size percussion caps do these little critters use?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Thanks, Dougie. What size percussion caps do these little critters use?

Jim
    I use remmington No11's

Thanks!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    See here, http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-pellet-moulds
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Yep Jim only use a .3cc Lee scoop of powder, the firing pin does need a squirt of oil every 15 rounds, as the pistol soon gets carboned up with the parts being so small; great fun tho.
    May have solved the bullet head problem, there's a group buy on 'Cast Boolits' for a .225 34grn mould that looks like it will do the job. Did order some bullet heads from NAA took 10 days to get over the pond which is great service (£42 of my Great British Pounds for 1000 delivered), however I'd rather have the ability to make my own just in case Mr Obama decides to stop exports of anything to do with firearms!!!
    Eyup Fella Do you know if the 34gr .225 group buy is still running ? if you could post a link to the relevent buy it'd be much appreciated I'm looking for a suitable mold for a 297/230 Morris.
    Cheers Mike...