Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with CP99 - help!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I read that it was plain 30 weight non-detergent motor oil.
    With red dye in it.
    Adam,
    It's this

http://www.le-inc.com/products/docum...8450_flyer.pdf

ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Turn the base a little bit, not enough to pierce, back off & re-tighten the screw, then turn base fully & pierce,
    ATB,
    Nick
    This should help a minor leak I have on CP99 Compact (along with a drop of Pellgunoil). Similar issue, I bought a gun that had not been used for a while.

Where are you putting the Pelgunoil fellows?

Is it just a smear on the top of the Co2 caplet? (I've been thinking of using silicon gun oil for that?).

I've just bought a tube of Pelgunoil for the pump head washer thingys on my SSP pissles (IZH46 & HW75).

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Where are you putting the Pelgunoil fellows?

Is it just a smear on the top of the Co2 caplet? (I've been thinking of using silicon gun oil for that?).

I've just bought a tube of Pelgunoil for the pump head washer thingys on my SSP pissles (IZH46 & HW75).
    Yes a drop/smear of Pellgun on the top of the 12gm CO2 capsule. The Crossman instructions suggest every 250 shots, one gun shop said not to use it, another said its your own choice. As a result, and not to over do it, I am just using it on every 5th bulb. Some folk swear by it (in a good way) and might use it more frequently. I read recently on here of someone using silicone oil, but I have also read on here do not let silicone oil get into the barrell.

On this particular one with the leaky seal, I have just put a drop of Pellgun on the seal and left the gun inverted for a few days with the hope of re-juvinating (softening) the seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Yes a drop/smear of Pellgun on the top of the 12gm CO2 capsule. The Crossman instructions suggest every 250 shots, one gun shop said not to use it, another said its your own choice. As a result, and not to over do it, I am just using it on every 5th bulb. Some folk swear by it (in a good way) and might use it more frequently. I read recently on here of someone using silicone oil, but I have also read on here do not let silicone oil get into the barrell.

On this particular one with the leaky seal, I have just put a drop of Pellgun on the seal and left the gun inverted for a few days with the hope of re-juvinating (softening) the seal.
    Awesome, ta mate - that makes sense

I beleive the big advantage of using crossman capsules is they have oil added to the CO2 to keep everthing lubed

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyh View Post
    I beleive the big advantage of using crossman capsules is they have oil added to the CO2 to keep everthing lubed
    Yes, that is probably good for the valve itself, I have heard of folk using these but also the occasional spot of Pellgun on the top of the capsule to keep the seal supple. The Crossman gas goes into the valve but whether it coats the entire face of the seal maybe not; so both methods may have their own merits.

I'm using Umerex gas at present, which has an oily smell when the last of the gas is let off when removing the capsule. Someone suggested to me they contained oil but have never seen it stated anywhere formally. Might try Crossman next.

I have a large gallon can of milking machine oil I got about ten-15 years ago, I've been using it as a gun oil for my shotgun, and my air rifles and now my air pistols, I have a syringe that is filled with the machine oil, that I put a drop onto the piecing tube in my CP99 every two or three co2 capsules, the oil is quite light and clear and when the can is empty, I'll say that it's done a good job over the years, guns, bicycles, and general lubrication around the house!
    It's not the destination; but the journey that counts!
    You can take the lad out of Essex; but not Essex out of the lad!

Yep, the tip by magicniner & gingernut cured the slight leak I had on a CP99 Compact.