Hi im connor,
I returned to air guns after a 15 year(ish) gap since i last held one. In my teens a couple of friends (or friends older brothers) had some old webley and BSA springers which which we used to plink away in their back gardens.
I always was a pretty good shot although not by todays competitive PCP standard!
Anyhow I recently got hold of an old Diana Original '45 MOD (.22) and bought a Nikko-Stirling 3-9X40 scope and joined the Bisley Field Target Organisation (BFTO) I wanted to try hunting but thought i needed to get my eye in and i also liked the sound of the target competitions.
More or less as soon as i started I realised that although my old Diana was a fine rifle and in pretty good condition for its age it really wasnt suited well to the target discipline and decided i needed to buy a PCP...
What a minefield! PCP's can get just about as expensive as you want them to be all have pro's and con's and advice from those in the know contradicts each other so much it literally left me cross-eyed.
I ended up settling on an Air Arms S400 It seemed to carry a really good reputation of quality, reliability and above all accuracy. Also many of the club members had at one point owned one and were really friendly and happy to help! so if i needed advice i could ask many of them and would get some good pointers.
Since then i have also bought a 12ltr air cylinder and a few other bits and bobs and have just been getting used to the new gun.
Im really having fun and i have barely scratched the surface and look forward to getting more involved in future.

Connor.