Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic target rifle preferences

Thanks Jenny....any ideas what model/version of the LGV it is..? I've spoken to some people in the know & they've never seen this version..it does have a "set" trigger.

A mate at the club is currently shooting a Walther "Spezial" to good effect, but cant say I have seen one with two triggers.

Thanks for your kind comments Mike. The members of our club who are currently shooting classic target rifles certainly enjoy using the guns and the friendly banter that goes with it. There are now several regular competitors with at least a few more showing an interest and searching out their own classic target rifle to join in the fun.

A few of us are even shooting cards for a 10m rifle league, and it is not unkown for us to chuck a pound in for a "winner takes all" pot at the end of the evening. As always, there are a couple of shooters who manage to do better than the rest of us every week, but part of the fun is trying to get close enough to seriously challenge them. My own average over the weeks is now 7, theirs is 8 ish.

As none of us posses modern 10m target rifles, I dont know if it using the classic guns or the complete opposite of shooting our usual HFT or FT competitions that make it so enjoyable, but enjoyable it is and also provides excellent practice for our standing shots when competiting outside as normal.

None of us are using "proper" 10m jackets or anything resembling serious target wear, although I wouldnt be at all surprised if one or two jackets do creep in over the winter period. There are one or two of us that could do with wearing a straight jacket to allow us mere mortals the opportunity to gain supremacy in our own mini league. Its either that or we remove their trigger fingers. Not that we take it too seriously of course!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Thanks Jenny....any ideas what model/version of the LGV it is..? I've spoken to some people in the know & they've never seen this version..it does have a "set" trigger.
    You also spoke to me Chris and of course I had seen it because it used to be mine. It's simply a rare double set trigger version of the LGV 'Olympia' model (ie. pre-Spezial). Very few were made because right around the time the LGV was introduced, double set triggers were banned from competition.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You also spoke to me Chris and of course I had seen it because it used to be mine. It's simply a rare double set trigger version of the LGV 'Olympia' model (ie. pre-Spezial). Very few were made because right around the time the LGV was introduced, double set triggers were banned from competition.

Marvelous...I hadn't "forgotten" i'd spoke to you Danny.. I didn't realise it had been banned...please don't tell anyone from our new Belltarget league...I can see the pi$$ being ripped out of me allready...

Walther

And there I was considering buying it. How abot half price Chris get it off your hands.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

..that was a different gun.....the double set trigger is going nowhere...you should know me better than that..i'm "downsizing" at the moment as her indoors has noticed the gun rack I built with spare spaces in...has filled up..& some...I tell you this collecting lark gets in yer blood...it's damb near turned me to drink..

Walther

Thought I did'nt see a double trigger, any you wish to hide Chris just bring em round!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Has to be said its a great night for us all when we have the little in house comp,even members without a 10m gun are joining in and that can only be good for the club spirit,only 1 person needs to realize this
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Name & shame....is it I.J.

Name & shame....is it I.J.
    NO!

Ive never had so much fun with the ink pad and their dioptre rubber eye cups.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    NO!

Ive never had so much fun with the ink pad and their dioptre rubber eye cups.

ATB
    Ian
    got to try this...no one will know. Blast...they will now

got to try this...no one will know. Blast...they will now
    One of my better successes - MrFixit himself.

ATB
    Ian

Tut Tut

Evil, positively evil
    Shame on you Ian giving innocent and decent shooters such wicked ideas

Wish I had thought about this, I could have had so much fun over the years
    John

Chris
    Dave S is coming to our club Wednesday to take some details/sizes etc of the mechanical bell target. It looks like is making mechanical bell type rather than more modern buzzer

I should have affiliation form for Tuesday from NSRA

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Evil, positively evil
    Shame on you Ian giving innocent and decent shooters such wicked ideas
    ATB
    John
    It even amazes me how so much evil could be stored in one so petite and lacking in vertical stature.
    Another good un is paper punch waste in Butler Creek scope caps. Ask ACID HOUSE.

ATB
    Ian

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

Is it a Tyrolean stock as well? most of the set trigger ones were, If so, very collectable as well as being a nice gun to shoot.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?