Thread: Greetings

Greetings

I'm very new to shooting in general (other than Call of Duty ) but a few lads have been visiting my bit of land to do some pest control. They look like they are having fun, so I spent a few hours yesterday with them and I think I'll join in.

I intend to keep the rats and wood pidgeons down, as well as snuffing out rabbits when and if I can. Everything that I bag will be cooked, as part of the fun for me will be the eating

I reckon I'll buy a cheap spring/break barrel jobbie with a scope, maybe used, but at least it will get me started and I can work out what I want from there on.
    Already built a hide down the bottom of the garden, so at least I can camp out there for a while in comfort and privacy.

Nice looking site and it looks like a good community.

It’s a friendly place with a slippery slope so welcome & enjoy the stay …………..

hi and welcome

Just re-read my first post and realised a few beginners errors

1) I don't intend to eat the rats
    2) Woodpigeons will be culled to protect the crops

I've had a good read of the air gun reviews on this forum, and there does not seem to be a clear cut favourite rifle for around £200. I couldn't give a monkeys whether it's new or used, as long as it works well and does the job.

If I bought a used gun, are there some brands that are more costly to service than others? I presume older guns do not have readily available parts or is that not the case? Do these things wear out? I have seen some posts about wear and tear, so I presume that they do.

How many posts before I can see what's for sale in the classifieds on here?