Thread: Chinese Copy FWB 65

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Chinese Copy FWB 65

I have a Chinese copy FWB 65 to repair and restore, its got stickers on the grip "Titan", other than that the only english markings are "4.5 mm". The original case is marked "Huanqiu". I believe it was imported in the 80's by Titan Developments in Birmingham who do not appear to exist any more.
    I have found some info on it on an old US site and that suggests that FWB parts are interchangeable.
    Most of the problems appear to be around it having been stripped and reassembled incorrectly and shims and spacers left out, but the spares I know I'll need to replace is the breech seal, has any ony had any experience of these pistols, do you know if the FWB 65 seal will fit, and has any one got a spare one?
    Its an interesting piece and I will try and buy this when its fixed.
    Best regards
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 22-11-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    No pictures!
    Come on! Let's see it
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Other than it has chinese script on the side and the finish is nothing special although not that horific it just looks like a standard FWB 65 with anatomical grips!
    It's the Titan on the enclosed article, which appears to shoot OK.

http://www.ihmsa.org/tom/techarticles/Axelrod%20Air.htm

I'm not really interested in it as a shooting piece, although I will test it when it's repaired, more interesting to add to the collection as a rarity.

Best regards
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 22-11-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thumbs up Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Other than it has chinese script on the side and the finish is nothing special although not that horific it just looks like a standard FWB 65 with anatomical grips!
    It's the Titan on the enclosed article, which appears to shoot OK.

htp://www.ihmsa.org/tom/techarticles/Axelrod%20Air.htm

I'm not really interested in it as a shooting piece, although I will test it when it's repaired, more interesting to add to the collection as a rarity.

Best regards
    Robin
    I shot one many years ago, and was very happy with it, been trying to find 1 ever since, i did read a review on it which i believe was in Gunmart. enjoy it good find...mike...

If its the same Titan as in the Manitou and Bearcat PCP's then you should contact John Knibbs at Knibbs International, He could confirm or deny the Titan connection to the Titan name

I'm going to need spares, the rear slide pin, the trigger locating piece that the rear pin slides into, and seals and other odds an sods.
    I have found some differences from a FWB 65 but I think FWB parts should fit, any one have a source of 65 parts?
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I'm going to need spares, the rear slide pin, the trigger locating piece that the rear pin slides into, and seals and other odds an sods.
    I have found some differences from a FWB 65 but I think FWB parts should fit, any one have a source of 65 parts?
    Robin
    City Air weapons of Solihull Birmingham could help...open Thursday-Saturday

Robin

Try Ian Gibb on 01483 756969 at

http://www.centra-uk.co.uk/centra.html

Centra do FWB and I've found them to be very helpful.

Thanks for your advice last week

John

I've repaired a couple of these pistols. The manufacturing tolerance's are greater than on the FWB but the short answer is yes FWB parts do fit, I put trigger & ancillary springs in, main springs, piston buffer, breech seal & safe buffer, & some other bits too, all available from Steve at City air. 01217421329. Ian at Centra does not keep many spares for the 65 other than seals & springs.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks
    Robin