Thread: 1955 .177 mk1 airsporter club value ?

1955 .177 mk1 airsporter club value ?

Hi one of my friends has just turned up at my house with a very sorry looking mk1 airsporter club .177 , serial number is eb974 , ive worked out that it must be early 1955 .

This gun is in a very sorry state [cant believe someone let it get so bad] but dose cock and shoot quite nice so im tempted to try and give it some love and do some restoration on it , only problem is that my mate wont put a price on it and wants me to make an offer but i have no idea what its worth as its in such bad condition but must be worth trying to save as .177 seems rare .

Anyway i snapped some pics while it was here so can anyone give me some idea what i should be offering him for it ?

AA S410 .22 l/h rainbow laminated

25gbp seems fair I guess, considering it has no finish left and a big wood piece missing.

Regards, Bart
    on every action comes a reaction

To have it Re blued your looking at about £50.
    Then a replacement spring and piston seal for about £30.
    But its the Stock thats the problem. Not sure if you'll be able to get your hands on another one so with that in mind, I'de say no more than £40 or £50.
    They are Classics and very collectible so there are a few knocking about.
    If it was to be broken for spares, I think you could make £40 from it.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Reckon this'll do better in 'Collectors Corner', so going to move it to there for you, but while on this thread, my two-penny-worth is £35 as is, tops . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I would pay up to 40 quid for this since the metal is not pitted and a re-blue will have it looking great.

Re-finish the stock and re-spring it and you'll have a great useable classic for less than 100 quid.

The missing stock piece is less of an issue to me as it's never going to be a "collectable" example.

Go for it!
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hi,

Just to give you a good idea I recently bought a very good EC Club blue about 95% Very very faded etching hardly visible,superb stock...the price was £125.00...so I think £35.00 is about the right money...mine shoot's very very well,no leaks and accurate..

Regard's

Inproved