Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Premier seized

Webley Premier seized

Hi all
    I am doing a service on my Webley Premier mk2 and can not unscrew the front of the action,i have tried soaking in gasplus and a bit of muscle but cant move it.Any ideas lads.
    Thanks in advance
    les

I assume that you have removed the pivot bolt and locking screw completely? You can try putting the barrel back in the slot at 90 degrees, so that you can use the barrel as a lever to undo the end cap.
    HTH

Probably talking out of my bum, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they do not all remove?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hi Mark
    I have done as you have described but it wont move,i have also tried heating it with a hot hair dryer but with no luck.I am afraid of damaging the pistol,i can be a bit heavy handed.
    les

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Probably talking out of my bum, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they do not all remove?
    There is screw thread visable through the pivot bolt hole and at the end of the cylinder.
    les

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    There is screw thread visable through the pivot bolt hole and at the end of the cylinder.
    les
    So I was talking out of my bum! Sorry.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    So I was talking out of my bum! Sorry.
    No problem Airsporter1st
    I have had the gun since i was 13,that was 32 years ago,i dont want to damage it.
    Regards
    les

If you've given the oil a few days to work and its still stuck I think Brute Force and Ignorance is your only option.

Not being funny here, but you are turning it the right way aren't you?

Then again, sometimes trying to tighten a seized thread can unsieze it.

Try a wooden drift and a mallet tapping against the upper edge of the slot. Might get it started.
    Morally flawed

Hi Jerry
    I will soak the gun for a few more days has you have said,and try the wooden drift and mallet method.I am turning anti clock wise on the cylinder,is that correct.
    Cheers for the info every one.
    ATB
    les

Les

Anti clockwise is correct. Get the pistol secure in a padded vice so that the frame cannot move at all. If you use the wooden drift and mallet, make sure the drift is a really tight fit in the slot and try tightening it slightly before undoing it. It will come out.

webley premier removal method

one method, is to put a ring spaner (one that fits the slot in the pistol) in a vice. put pistol slot over it and lever the pistol. that way you wont damage the gun, and the spaner wont move.

No problem Airsporter1st
    I have had the gun since i was 13,that was 32 years ago,i dont want to damage it.
    Regards
    les
    I know that feeling! I still have my first ever gun - an Airsporter hence the user name - also bought at 13 and 43 years ago in my case!!!!

All the more reason to wish you success.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Hi Jerry
    I will soak the gun for a few more days has you have said,and try the wooden drift and mallet method.I am turning anti clock wise on the cylinder,is that correct.
    Cheers for the info every one.
    ATB
    les
    It's the plug in the end that unscrews anti clockwise. I you really are turning the cylinder anti clockwise, surely you're tightening the plug?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I assume that you have removed the pivot bolt and locking screw completely? You can try putting the barrel back in the slot at 90 degrees, so that you can use the barrel as a lever to undo the end cap.
    HTH
    Don't use the barrel to free a stuck front end plug. There is a very high chance of bending your barrel.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    It's the plug in the end that unscrews anti clockwise. I you really are turning the cylinder anti clockwise, surely you're tightening the plug?
    Its the barrel pivot end plug that i am trying to turnanti clockwise.
    Thanks every one for the great advice.
    les