Thread: Tasco?

Tasco?

Does anyone out there have an opinion on Tasco scopes? ive never used one and a few people at my club are sugesting theyre better than the Hawke sport HD i have.

Smile See what best suits your eyes

I think its a question of having a look at them for yourself. I've got quite a few Tascos, and some of the older 1980's models have quite superb optics,- I've an ancient looking 6-24x40 with duplex ret that is crystal clear all the way from 6-45 yards. (If I can just overcome the mental hurdle of using a duplex for HFT rather than a mildot it'll be going on my Orig 48!).

I have a modern Tasco varmint mildot 6-24x42 that I use on my AirWolf, and again am very happy with that.

That said though I also use an awful lot of different Hawke scope's; SR6, SR12, Endurance, Eclipse and some of the Sport HD. For my .22 rifles my only choice would be the SR6 as I find the ret superb, and with the Hawke BRC software I can tweak the mag and zero points to get the increments to fit nice clean 5-yard intervals.

So, essentially get looking through as many scopes as you can get your paws on and see if you feel more comfortable with any specific model.

Anne

Be aware (particularly if buying online) that Tasco and Bushnell are two brand names that cheap generic scope makers in the far east love to print on their low quality offerings. Specifically turning up in their hundreds on a certain auction site!

Before I knew this, I once bought a Tasco 3-9X50 thinking I'd found a bargain, but it was as fake as a 20 quid Rolex!

HTH
    Phil

Dont like the Sport HD. Dó like the Tasco Varmints.Good value for money. Golden Antlers were also decent, but no AO etc
    ATB,
    yana