Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmas special combo

Xmas special combo

Ok chaps and Chapesses, its getting close to Xmas so we need names in the hat for some lucky young shooter to get a rifle combo(normally supplied using donations from BBS members).

Stipulations.

Must be 15 or under(male or female, obviously)

Must be a member of a club.

Needs a rifle.

Doesn't have a father with half a dozen rifles.

Names so far...

1. Dan attfield age 11
    2. Bradley Pughe age 12
    3. Emma Sams age 5 (ahhh)
    4. Lewis Mallinson age 9
    5. Edward Shaw age 11
    6. Edward Leakey age 15
    7. John Rhinds age 12

Members of the BBS are requested to put forward the names with a short reason why they think this particular person should get the combo(on the thread please,not by PM). nothing too big or dramatic. Please add the full name, age and club and post on this thread so that we can keep it all open and fair.

When we have the names i will give them a number each and use the lottery draw on SAT 18th December to decide. Please feel free to post if you want to nominate someone.

If a drawn lottery ball matches the number against your name then you win.
    If there is more than one match then its the earliest ball out that wins
    If no-one exactly matches a number drawn then its who ever is the closest and again if we have more than one person who is say one number away, then it's the earliest ball out that wins.

This rifle is very , very special. It has been donated by a single BBS member that, i suspect, would prefer to stay anonymous.....Ok Ray from Rivington, not a problem

S200 No 003171
    Paul Wilson stock (Walnut).
    Action reblued (DM80).
    DM80 silencer and end cap
    Scope will be different to the one in the picture
    St sling studs.
    Power @ 11.3 (Exacts)

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL11.../119611675.jpg
    Last edited by ChrisC; 07-12-2010 at 06:58 AM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Well done Ray , very generous indeed !

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

nice

TTT...no names as yet.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    TTT...no names as yet.
    Dave Dawes - mental age of 6
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

i would like to nominate my god son who is 14 years of age who has learning difficulties and takes great interest in shooting but has no rifle even tho there is no clubs in my area he will be shooting with me hope this does not disqualify him his name is mason he comes out with me on my permission and shoots my rifle AA tx200 mk3 which is a bit heavy for him.
    thank you on behalf of him
    regards daz

Hi Daz...although it sounds as if your god son is a prime candidiate, i'm afraid he must be a member of a club to qualify. Sorry mate

Can I put my daughter down please. She is 5 years old and covered on my family membership at PARC. She shoots mine at the moment (bench rested) but they are all left handed and she isn't.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1969 View Post
    Can I put my daughter down please. She is 5 years old and covered on my family membership at PARC. She shoots mine at the moment (bench rested) but they are all left handed and she isn't.
    Paul.
    Done Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Villiers View Post
    Can you put down Alex Old Age 10 he is left handed an nothing i have fits.He shoots a amb bb at the moment..He has some learning difficulties with aspergers to top it off.
    Cheers his Dad
    Fella I don't want to sound negative but if you look at the photo this gun is set in a very nice thumbhole custom RIGHT hand stock.

Maybe Chris would put it you in a ambi stock but just pointing out that the unit as is is righthanded.

Boz

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Fella I don't want to sound negative but if you look at the photo this gun is set in a very nice thumbhole custom RIGHT hand stock.

Maybe Chris would put it you in a ambi stock but just pointing out that the unit as is is righthanded.

Boz
    If his son does qualify i have a LH s400 classic anyway

I think this is a really good and very generous idea.
    I would Like to nominate my son Edward Shaw age 11.
    He has been very keen on shooting for a few years, but with little oppertunity to actually shoot, he is really into the out doors and enjoys fishing and camping. We are joining Tawd Vale Club with a family membership on Sunday, having been on a taster there, and found them very helpful, friendly and safe.
    He has had a difficult time over the last 12 months but coped very well, I feel his hobbies and interest have kept him going.
    Thanks

i'd love to nominate my step son Edward Leakey 15 we've just joined our local club (woodland valley HFT club) near truro in cornwall. he is using my old gamo shadow which is awfull! one of the reasons i'de like to nominate him for this...he thinks the gamo is brilliant bless him and he's allways talking about how good this bit is or that bit... i dont want to tell him how bad the trigger is! and how its just too light for a springer. he just does his best with it. he loves my tx200 but it is just way to heavy for him but when he does get a chance to use it from a bench at the club his eyes light up and he's a really good little shot, trouble is shooting my tx is showing all the gamo's flaws. he deserves a much better rifle. but we cant afford it at the moment. he is a great lad too.
    so if he qualifies i'd like to nominate him.

Hello All

I would like to nominate my son John Rhinds for this competition. He is 12 years old and loves to shoot. We are both members of Glenrothes Target Shooting Club and at the moment we are both using my tx200 mk1 in .22 which he has to bench rest for the weight.
    This has been a tough year but my son always has a smile, never bigger than when we head off to the club.

Cheers

John

All names now added.