Thread: BSA Goldstar

BSA Goldstar

I've been offered a BSA Goldstar in .22 not quite mint but close for £260 (from a dealer). I know it's a bit on the steep side but is it to much over the top for what it's worth?
    Thanks Robstat
    Bowkett tuned BSA R10 .177 BSA Ultra SE .22
    SFS Imp .22 HW98 .20 HW98 .22 HW99s .22
    Wonky tuned HW80 .22 Wonky tuned HW77 .177 SFS tuned BSA Goldstar .22

The Goldstar is a very good rifle. £260 for a good rifle is not bad at all. Here on the collectors corner we would pay £250 for a mint one in box because we are tight and can wait. Anything old hat with a spring in it and not mint then the going rate is £160 to £220 because there are a lot out there of everything second hand unless very special. A few made yesterday like an Air Arms Pro Sport reach over £300 but anything no longer in production gets short shrift even if they are as good as anything made today.

You are not being robbed, but then again its not the bargain of the month. Then again you could spend another £100 in time and hassle to save 50! Really should have hardly a mark on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Goldstar is a very good rifle. £260 for a good rifle is not bad at all. Here on the collectors corner we would pay £250 for a mint one in box because we are tight and can wait. Anything old hat with a spring in it and not mint then the going rate is £160 to £220 because there are a lot out there of everything second hand unless very special. A few made yesterday like an Air Arms Pro Sport reach over £300 but anything no longer in production gets short shrift even if they are as good as anything made today.

You are not being robbed, but then again its not the bargain of the month. Then again you could spend another £100 in time and hassle to save 50! Really should have hardly a mark on it.
    I think I'd already decided to have it I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid Thanks
    Bowkett tuned BSA R10 .177 BSA Ultra SE .22
    SFS Imp .22 HW98 .20 HW98 .22 HW99s .22
    Wonky tuned HW80 .22 Wonky tuned HW77 .177 SFS tuned BSA Goldstar .22