Thread: ## Two old Diana air rifles ##

## Two old Diana air rifles ##

I cannot seem to find any information on these two rifles. I have looked on the vintage Diana Forum and cannot match them up with anything. I think the second one is probably a Model 27 but there is nothing stamped on it and there is no serial number on either of the rifles. Any suggestions that you may have and anY idea of their value would be much appreciated.

.22 calibre underlever. It is 43 ¼ inches long; it has a metal butt plate; it has the Diana Huntress logo stamped on the cylinder with the word “Diana” underneath – and that is all. On the underside of the BARREL it is stamped “Made in Germany”.

.177 calibre breakbarrel. It is 42 ¼ inches long with a metal butt plate; it has the Diana Huntress logo stamped on the cylinder with the word “Diana” underneath – nothing else. On the underside of the STOCK it is stamped “Manufactured in Germany”.

The first one pictured could be a model 45 Diana from Mayer and Grammelspacher of Rastatt germany. First manufactured in 1928.
    The reason for thinking this is that it looks remarkably like the Webley Mk. 111
    which is what Webley copied it from, with one exception and that was changing the tap from the left to the right. A retrograde step in my opinion, as a right hooker.

Refer to Chris Thrales Webley Air Rifles book p54 for the full story.

I could be horribly wrong but it looks a 'ringer' to me.
    Carl.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Second one is surely a Diana 27?

The top one is a Diana 45 (1st pattern) and the bottom one a mod 27, as Ollie says.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cool Diana guns

The second is definitely a pre war model 27, if you look under he breech it will have a very accurate date stamp ie 4-38 for April 1938, I have one exactly the same.
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.