Thread: Rohm Twinmaster Sport pellets

Rohm Twinmaster Sport pellets

Does anyone who shoots the above have advice on which pellets to shoot. I'm looking at the Finale Match, but see there are 4 head sizes, and as they are expensive to buy, I'm looking for a starting point please.

Eric
    It's Scotland limited options

I wouldn't splash out on Finale match .... Nothing wrong with them, but you won't see any difference in the results you get between them and Match Kulgen.

RWS R10s are another good make and cheaper than Finale match.

That said, unless you are shooting thousands of pellets a week the costs don't add up to much.

As for size, most people settle for 4.49 - your gun may be different. I know a few top shooters, most of whom will admit to not seing any difference on the target between pellet sizes; so why not start there and see how you get on.

McT

Eric,

Why are you considering the most expensive pellet? I presume since you are seeking advice that you have recently acquired your pistol and have not been shooting pistol for long. If that is the case, I would imagine that your average score is below 90 ex 100. That being so it really does not matter what type of pellet you use as long as they are of reasonable quality, RWS Hobby, RWS Gecco, H&N Econo or Diabolo Match. Your pistol is quite capable of holding the 10 ring with all of those.

Once your average starts to creep over 90 (540 ex 600) then it may be time to think about selecting particular brands, sizes and batches of pellets, but this can only be properly done with the securely mounted pistol in a rest. There is no "best" pellet for any particular pistol (or rifle), it's the one that puts up the smallest groups.

In the meantime, don't worry about pellets, buy cheap ones and practice more. You will be the cause of more bad shots than the pellets.

Hope that this helps,

Rutty

Pellets

Cheers for this. Yes I've just got started with the pistol and was given a tin of R10's which I've been using. I'm getting better but must work on my trigger technique. I'll go to my local shop and look out some of the named pellets and thats what I needed to hear.

I was hopeing you where going to say my bad shooting was pellet choice, but no.

Eric

If you look at the instruction booklet it will have a test card and the name and size of pellet that was used to acheive that result, I think you will find that twinmaster test with R10's and normally 4.49.
    Regards
    Bob

mines 451 so have used 452 air arms.used to get 90 but have moved to steyr.a bit more velocity helps,they start off underpowered,but lots of info re power upgrade on this site.

BigEars Guest
    Noddy and I used to use R10s in our twinmasters but we switched to Hobbys for the last season of the UBC comps and there's no loss of accuracy that I can see. I'm thinking of giving Gekkos a try on my next order.

Pellets

I bought the RWS Hobbys and they seem fine......my shooting is still in need of improvement. I'm going to try a club for some help on technique. Thansk for the info guys.

Eric

I have been trying to find a cheaper pellets for all of my pistols but my FWB80 was always a bit picky.

A club member got a cheap brand and bought me a 1000 and 3/5 of my pistols likes these and they are £3-3.50 per 500...cheaper than Hobby so I'll try them in my other 2 pistols...won't say what they are yet till I have made sure if I can recommend trying some to anyone else.

The problem with cheap pellets is quality control. In Finale Match 99.9% of pellets will be perfectly formed and sized. In Match Kulgeln this will fall to, say, 99%. (Finale pellets are manufactured on the same equipment, but just have an extra QC before packaging; the percentages quoted are only guesses, not accurate data).

Cheaper pellets may only have 95% of the pellets being perfect. This could mean that a test batch of 50 pellets will only have a couple of 'flyers' and that can easily be ignored, and therfore a test batch may show eLcRappo pellets to perform as well as the gold platted ones. However, when you are trying to improve your shooting, the most important thing is the mental approach, and having a lingering doubt about the quality of the pellet is something that you don't need rattling around inside your head. If you swap to a 'good' pellet only for competition you will also add a mental doubt that the pellets don't work as well as what you are used to using in the gun.

So, as I said right at the beginning, think what the piece of mind good pellets actaully costs you - say an extra £2 or £3 per tin of 500. Then how much you will actually shoot over a year and multiply up the cost. Then make your decisions. For me I buy R10s at £5.50 a tin and I know these will consistently outperform me. Finale Match at £9 a tin are an added expense that will bring me no reward.

McT