Thread: Wanted; HW35 foresight and diopter

Wanted; HW35 foresight and diopter

Evening'all, I'm looking for a front sight assembly for a 70's HW35E I've just bought. Like many it had the sights removed when 'scoped up, there should be a few open sights tucked away somewhere. I think it's the same unit used until recently, it slides along the barrel on lengthways dovetails and has an insert in a tunnel. I also want to fit a peepsight on the trigger block dovetail, if anyone has anything useable ( Weihrauch/ Anschutz/ Williams ) I'd be interested.
    Thanks Torrens

Weihrauch Peep sight

Before getting a diopter check what size scope rails your 1970's HW has, if the serial number is less than 755000 then its 13mm and this will limit your choice.

If after that then its 11mm any most diopters will fit. Try to go for the HW or Anschutz.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Before getting a diopter check what size scope rails your 1970's HW has, if the serial number is less than 755000 then its 13mm and this will limit your choice.

If after that then its 11mm any most diopters will fit. Try to go for the HW or Anschutz.
    Thanks for the info Coburn, luckily it's in the 89thou range. Been offered a foresight so I'm halfway there.

Cheers Torrens

Update, now have foresight on way ( thanks MattyBoy ) ; would buy standard HW rearsight if any about
    Torrens