Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Competition starts on 27 November

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    ME, I was just getting the hang of the OLD rules!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I've sent my 10m Police Sniper Rifle scores

I can safely say I enjoyed it.

First target took me 22 seconds to complete & the second target I slowed down & done it 32 seconds out of the alloted 45 seconds

I scored better with the first target

I will be doing the rest of the competition within the week.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I've just tried the 6yd 'Sniper Rifle'competition.

I used my Air 17 with the 5round clip. With the time it took to load it was just point & fire. On both targets I was getting timed out on the sixth shot (about to pull the trigger) & shooting high & left.

I'm sore & dejected, I only could manage 24 shots. I know I can do better & determined to do so.

I need to 'Keep Calm' with the loading especially the movement of the clip mag. I will try again tomorrow '& Carry On'

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I've just tried the 6yd 'Sniper Rifle'competition.

I used my Air 17 with the 5round clip. With the time it took to load it was just point & fire. On both targets I was getting timed out on the sixth shot (about to pull the trigger) & shooting high & left.

I'm sore & dejected, I only could manage 24 shots. I know I can do better & determined to do so.

I need to 'Keep Calm' with the loading especially the movement of the clip mag. I will try again tomorrow '& Carry On'

Regards
    Paddy.
    I couldnt manage the 6 shots in 45 seconds no matter what i tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I couldnt manage the 6 shots in 45 seconds no matter what i tried.
    Hi Andy.

I used to be real fast especially with my Jackal with the Autoload tube.

I could knockdown 6 cans to my mates 2 cans with his break barrel
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Andy.

I used to be real fast especially with my Jackal with the Autoload tube.

I could knockdown 6 cans to my mates 2 cans with his break barrel
    exactly,can't do 6 shots in 45 seconds with a vintage Haenel model 1 and an S400.

Don't think i'm having a moan,I am just thinking of everyone who doesn't own a multishot.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    exactly,can't do 6 shots in 45 seconds with a vintage Haenel model 1 and an S400.

Don't think i'm having a moan,I am just thinking of everyone who doesn't own a multishot.
    Hi Andy.

Not at one point did I think you was having a moan

With the 'Assault Rifle' Category it is a must for milti shot, due to the set up.

The 'Sniper Rifle' Category is again aimed for multi shot, but then I can see your point of view. I will speak to Jim & see if we can opt to open the time limit. However I want that edge of 'beating the clock' aspect. I still want to try it with the Jackal without the autoload aswell

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    My scores on the new Stage 3 were WAAY down from the old Stage 3: but I don't care, it was a hell of a lot more fun!

Also, we being pretend coppers, we have to get used to all sorts of shooting challenges: can't get too "used to" one target.

So thanks, Paddy, for thinking up this new Stage 3!

Jim
    Whadya mean "Pretend"
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

To all for-real men and women in blue who will shoot this comp: my apologies.

AND, my thanks to you for protecting the rest of us.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 01-12-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Andy.

Not at one point did I think you was having a moan

With the 'Assault Rifle' Category it is a must for milti shot, due to the set up.

The 'Sniper Rifle' Category is again aimed for multi shot, but then I can see your point of view. I will speak to Jim & see if we can opt to open the time limit. However I want that edge of 'beating the clock' aspect. I still want to try it with the Jackal without the autoload aswell

Regards
    Paddy.
    I will go along with raising the time limit for each stage (Sniper) to 1 minute: but as Paddy says, we are trying to simulate a tense situation, so must maintain a certain degree of tension to make things authentic.

Six rounds in one minute should be doable.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I will go along with raising the time limit for each stage (Sniper) to 1 minute: but as Paddy says, we are trying to simulate a tense situation, so must maintain a certain degree of tension to make things authentic.

Six rounds in one minute should be doable.

Jim
    Morning Jim.

Replied to your email & I've amemded the rules. >>RULES<<

It's now a minute for single shot rifles & still 45 seconds for multi shot & single shot mag rifles.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

would you want to be around when the police start fireing,they seem to leave there guns any where,in toilets, on top of cars.

Morning Jim.

Replied to your email & I've amemded the rules. >>RULES<<

It's now a minute for single shot rifles & still 45 seconds for multi shot & single shot mag rifles.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Good deal, Pad. This way, we keep some real-fight tension simulation on both single and multishot shooters, and avoid giving the multishots an unfair competitive advantage.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman56 View Post
    would you want to be around when the police start fireing,they seem to leave there guns any where,in toilets, on top of cars.
    Sounds like a way for an enterprising gun owner to build up his collection!

Jim

i'll get my scores in asap

thankyou Pad and Jim