BASC Member 500044010

Quote Originally Posted by habbers View Post
    Has anyone got one of these?
    Are they any good?
    Are they suitable for IPAS.
    All views welcome.
    Have a look on the recent posts

If I doubt, yes they are good and suitable
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.

I think IPAS and similar types of action shooting only allow pellet firing pistols only due to safety issues with ball ammo ricocheting off the plates.

Thanks for the advice
    Really like the look and build quality of this pistol but would only be of any use to me if could use it for IPAS.
    Daystate Huntsman Classic.22 Airsporter Mark 2 .22
    HW8OK .22 Browning 525 12 gauge
    BASC Member 500044010

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I think IPAS and similar types of action shooting only allow pellet firing pistols only due to safety issues with ball ammo ricocheting off the plates.
    That would be a bit daft considering lead ball ammo is available...
    But sounds suitably over-officious for the UK

Mine had an incredibly heavy trigger pull and the guy I sold it to said it was normal for the model.

My mistake...the IPAS does say lead balls are ok.

Ammunition.

Lead or soft alloy based air pellets plastic balls, lead balls only to be used, no steel based pellets or BB’s to be used. This is to ensure that the pellet is destroyed on impact with the steel plate.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    Mine had an incredibly heavy trigger pull and the guy I sold it to said it was normal for the model.
    It must be possible to tweak the trigger a bit. All the trigger does in this model is cock the hammer. It doesn't have to cycle the ammo, just the hammer.

The problem with the trigger being so hard to pull is that the gun is using most of the parts from the real cartridge gun. when you shoot the real thing you would start by pulling back the slide to load a cartridge in the chamber and cock the hammer. when you shoot it the slide would automaticaly do this again so that all you have to do when pulling the trigger is to release the hammer. on the bb version the slide will not cycle Ie the problem is the heavy hammer spring if that was changed would you loose power I think that you probably would.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    when you shoot the real thing you would start by pulling back the slide to load a cartridge in the chamber and cock the hammer.
    You might, on the range, but the pistol is designed to be carried with the safety on & a round chambered, it's for this reason it has double action - to allow a fast first shot
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

The point that I was making is befor you fire it you have to pull the slide back to load a round in the chamber and set the hammer back. if it works the same as the Walther PPK when you put the saftey on it lowers the hammer so you would have to pull the hammer back manually befor you can shoot it. sorry just notist the double action part but then you are back to the original problem the first shot requires a lot of finger strength to pull the trigger and get that hammer back.
    Last edited by beagle2; 27-11-2010 at 11:06 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Mines a lovely little thing - very pokey for the length of barrel, I wouldn't say my trigger is heavy (certainly not compared to some the Umarex offerings) but it is a bit rough...
    Slide recoil spring has been seemingly taken from an old Bullwoker, but don't let these things put you off as its a proper air pistol made from decent metal unlike the zinc die cast Umarexs' and should last forever...

Mines a lovely little thing - very pokey for the length of barrel, I wouldn't say my trigger is heavy (certainly not compared to some the Umarex offerings) but it is a bit rough...
    Slide recoil spring has been seemingly taken from an old Bullwoker, but don't let these things put you off as its a proper air pistol made from decent metal unlike the zinc die cast Umarexs' and should last forever...
    BASC Member 500044010

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    the air Mak
    best air pistol ever made IMO , made from a real makarov
    real firearm steel , superb quality ,
    but finding one ,,,eeer, , good luck with that
    Getting Old

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardys View Post
    the air Mak
    best air pistol ever made IMO , made from a real makarov
    real firearm steel , superb quality ,
    but finding one ,,,eeer, , good luck with that
    I found a good one, a decent one & an externally rusty one
    I gave the rusty one away as I only bought it for the mag.
    Funnily enough the plan was, and to some extent still is, to see if the Mak was a useable compact pistol for IPAS, I still hope to find the time to try it out
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com