Thread: Hammerli AR20 for 10M Match

Hammerli AR20 for 10M Match

New at this Forum. Plan to purchase an Air Rifle for my 15 years old son as tranning tool for his 3 position smallbore competation, so that he may practice the basics at home. I just found Hammerli AR20 in US market for less than USD900.00, this model is not the one used in field targeting, but rather with the Basic Match Dioper Sight designed for 10M match. Appreciate if I can have your inputs on how is this air rifle performing? Thanks.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    No experience of that rifle, but hammerli are a high quality make and a quick google suggests people are generally impressed with this rifle.

It is likely to shoot better than your boy for quite some time!
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Was watching one in action today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjt6eVIxukU

The only thing for 10m shooting might be making sure the trigger pull meets the minimum requirement ? I found the rigger extremely light compared to my Morini pistol which is set to 500g.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by KScott_NZ View Post
    The only thing for 10m shooting might be making sure the trigger pull meets the minimum requirement ? I found the rigger extremely light compared to my Morini pistol which is set to 500g.
    IIRC there's no minimum trigger weight for 10m air rifles.
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Quote Originally Posted by smithpointusa View Post
    New at this Forum. Plan to purchase an Air Rifle for my 15 years old son as tranning tool for his 3 position smallbore competation, so that he may practice the basics at home. I just found Hammerli AR20 in US market for less than USD900.00, this model is not the one used in field targeting, but rather with the Basic Match Dioper Sight designed for 10M match. Appreciate if I can have your inputs on how is this air rifle performing? Thanks.
    IMO if your after a new PCP for 10mtr at grass roots level you can't go wrong with the AR20. I have one & know of some others being used. For the price they knock spots off the AA MPR, FWB 500 & Walther LG30 which are the nearest contenders in the price range.
    I'm a FWB man through & through7 have some as well as a Walther LG300 anatomic, but credit must be given when deserved.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!