Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics of nickeled webley premier

pics of nickeled webley premier

hi, just thought i would share these pics with you.this is my latest project to date..i have had this dog rough black enammelled premier kicking around for the last 20yrs or so[think it cost me a tenner] my other 5 webley pistols are blued and i have always fancied a nickeled one.one of my customers does electro plating[sorted].it took me a days polishing to get it up to plating standard..finished it off with a white set of GarryP,s excellent grips..took it to the gun club last night where it was immediately christened "the pimps air pistol"..i hope it dont offend the purists out there to much,but i seem to remember a while back that there was a thread on here about a blinged prewar bsa so i might escape with my gonads intact...cheers..greasemonkey

Last edited by greasemonkey; 27-11-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

now thats nice
    theoben mk1 rapid 1.77,LOGUN SOLO 177 10 SHOT MAG ,BSA Lightning 1.77
    WEBLEY VENOM VIPER 22 2SHOT, airarms 410 carbine,1.77

That I like!!

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    That's odd. I can't access any of these pics hosted by i54.tinypic.com. Anybody else having problems?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    WOW, milky bar kid! I like it

Nice job mate,I like it.
    Having just done a polish on a rough 35 with pits I can see that you have done a nice job on the polishing yourself.
    Did the plating add much to the sizes,or are we just talking microns?
    Iv'e got some rifles that might look good plated.
    Pat.

thanks for the positive comments lads,.....cheers frontend loader,this was a bitch to polish as the finish on the enamelled guns is very rough under that nice thick coating..didnt have much problem with nickel build up on the threads apart from the large front plug that holds in the spring etc..that got a bit tight on the last few threads ,overcame it by putting a little valve grinding paste on the threads and screwing it in and out a few times.i put plastic plugs up each end of the barrel to keep the nickel out..cheers..greasemonkey

The hard part is fitting it all back up and not scratching it.Especially when your wielding large screw drivers and hammers and punches, etc.

Hi,

Very-very nice .Webley always gave customer's what they wanted....who's to say!!!!!!

Regard's

Inproved

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    That's proper nice that!

Nice and pimpey! The grips set it off.

Like it ! - I would have left the rear sight blade and front sight in the black, as it will make it easier to shoot!! - you are going to use it aren't you?

As a fully paid up traditionalist, my mind was made up not to like this item as soon as I saw the thread, but.......Actually, I think this is a superb attempt at an "unofficial" plating job. As you say, the original pistol was in too poor condition to be considered very collectable and the end result has come out sympathetically. Well done.

John

thanks again all for your kind comments,i have shot it and will shoot it..it makes a pleasing visual contrast when placed with my other webleys,while i agree think it perhaps should have had the rearsight blacked, i think i will need sunglasses on to shoot it outside anyway!..cheers..greasemonkey

that is a corker it is on my list of this to do have bought the white grips just waiting for a rough mk1 senior or premier to come along.