Thread: Another older newbie says hi from Cambs!

Another older newbie says hi from Cambs!

Hi to all at ABBS.com!

I've been lurking for a while so I thought it was about time I came out of the woodwork and said hi to everyone!

I'm based in the Cambridge area. I have a golf course in my village and plenty of farmland so, some exciting shooting prospects if I can gain permission to shoot them .

I haven't bought my first gun yet so I'm looking for advice on my first purchase. I'm leaning toward a PCP .22 gun as I have a number of farms close by and a golf course in the village where I live which could provide some interesting sport (providing I can gain the correct permission). I'm willing to buy either new or second hand and, preferring to buy as much gun as I can from the start, my budget is around £900. The guns I've shortlisted are:

AA 410/510
    Theoben Rapid MkII or MFR
    Daystate Mk4 or Air Ranger

Are these suitable for my needs and should I be checking out any others? Hopefully there may be something suitable for me in the classifieds here, if not, where would you advise I go to look at buying new. I understand Theoben and Ben Taylor (Milbro) are based in my area?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
    Last edited by Ridgy; 28-11-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS.

My personal choice from the guns that you listed would be:-

Air Ranger.
    Rapid.

Most of the guns you listed will be on a par in terms of accuracy and quality but with the Ranger or the Rapid you get a much higher number of shots per fill due to the larger air cylinders.

If you can, join a club and try out the various guns available to see which one fits you best.

Good Luck.

hi mate, welcome to the bbs, you wont go wrong with those choices, best bet is to try out those guns in a shop and see how they fit, and if they feel too heavy or feel cumbersome. then you might save your self a mistake in buying the wrong gun. all the best, jamie.
    .22 venom hw80k cs800 stock - .22 bsa lightning xl - .177 aa tx200hc cs1000 stock - long live rock n roll!!!

hi and welcome