Quote Originally Posted by Mof View Post
I did a test today and was surprised at how inaccurate they were, at 25 yds the 5 shot group fitted into a 2 and quarter inch circle with 3 close together at one inch spread and two "flyers making the group 2 and a quarter inch.

A 5 shot group shot immediately after, with Bisley Magnums was a ragged one hole group covering 3/8 of a inch, so that is why you might as well buy heavy pellets off the shelf. The air rifle was a s-200. The Lem pellets hit very hard so would be devastating on rats at closer range.
That corresponds with my remembered experience. When in Spain my preferred long range pellets are Gamo TS18 in .22. These are 18gn diabolo with a longer skirt. These have now been replaced by TS20, but I haven't tried them yet. Gamo used to make .22 lead BB and I still have the remains of a tin but they are not listed in the more recent catalogues. I have thought of moulding lead ball ammo in .22 and .25 for use in airguns. I have had success in moulding lead balls down to .357 and don't see why smaller sizes should not be possible. My ball moulds are made by Jeff Tanner who has a web site and he makes to order at very reasonable cost.