Thread: .177 Wasps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I guess if they were fakes the label would be the easiest part to reproduce...
    I don't think they are!......The label and cut out design is the same as Eley used on their primer tins (often over screen printed Wasp tins)....I think they are Eley branded rather than manufactured pellets...I can't see anyone risking taking on IMI by selling a fake copy....the plastic tubs I have had been sitting in a dusty packing case (wish I had looked more closely now!) sealed for quite a while before the guy bought them at a military disposal sale....I had previously assumed they were produced either after the red tins, or alongside just for large contracts.......I now think they were not even made by Eley / IMI........

I think that near the end of their selling of pellets, Eley used a third party supplier for more than one pellet...as I said earlier, I have several other Eley tins with a large thread similar to the BSA Pylarm .25 tin, and the quality of these is very poor. I will open a couple of the plastic tubs tonight, and dig out the other Eley tins too.

Matty......If yours came off "that auction" site, I contacted the seller to enquire where he got them from when they were first listed, he has quite a few more, and said they were old shop stock.....I am also sure he, as I was when I saw the plastic tubs for the first time, was genuinely sure they were Eley manufacture (as opposed to badged).

Last edited by edbear2; 29-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.