Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .177 Wasps

Here are 5 pellets taken randomly from a plastic tub of these "Eley Wasps"

I simply tipped a few into my hand and these were the first 5 that I lined up.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/y...plastictub.jpg

The Original Eley Wasps that I have, all come in at a height of 5.5mm on the micrometer.

These vary from 4.9 - 5.1
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 29-11-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: additional information added
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Look like some milbro kerrapp.

Either way don't lose sleep over to wasp or not to wasp - the originals themselves would not stand comparison to any of today's better pellets.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Don't look like any kind of Wasps i've seen...I suspect someone has re-labled them...naughty..!!

I wouldn't be surprised. It happens with Tasco, Bushnell, and Rolex! To name but a few.

The seller has offered a refund to those not happy - see here.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Look like some milbro kerrapp.

Either way don't lose sleep over to wasp or not to wasp - the originals themselves would not stand comparison to any of today's better pellets.
    You tell that to my 1950s/1960s BSA collection
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    You tell that to my 1950s/1960s BSA collection
    Well your 1950s/1960s BSA collection would not stand comparison to any of today's better guns

(sorry you asked for it )
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Well your 1950s/1960s BSA collection would not stand comparison to any of today's better guns

(sorry you asked for it )

Please name a few of those "better guns" if you would?

It's common knowledge that old English airguns, particularly .22 calibre run best on Original Eley Wasps due to the fact these guns are a genuine .22 calibre.

IMO, the original, genuine Eley Wasps were of very high quality and would stand up to most modern pellets in terms of consistent weight and flight stability.

Yes I can understand that those 5.56 wasps may fit certain older guns better, however this does not make them anything special in themselves, that is what I was trying to get across.

For example I could have a barrel in 6mm and the only pellet that existed was one hell of a POS - it would be the "best" for that barrel because it is the only that fits but it would still be a POS pellet.

I'm not saying that the older wasps were that bad, but we have moved on, and so have pellets (and guns). Please! I don't see many FT competitors winning comps with 50's BSAs.

I'm not saying that the older wasps were that bad, but we have moved on, and so have pellets (and guns). Please! I don't see many FT competitors winning comps with 50's BSAs.

What do these winners use then?

What do these winners use then?
    You are winding me up

You are winding me up
    That makes 2 of us

Whoops

I did have a WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END...

but I sold it down the pub last week for the price of a pint of Old Sheepshagger

Whoops

I did have a WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END...

but I sold it down the pub last week for the cost of a pint of old sheepshagger

Want to see some pics of my extensive Wasp pellet collection?

Want to see some pics of my extensive Wasp pellet collection?
    Oh go on then

Are they for sale at a quid a pellet?

Pretty please?

You gotta laugh it is nearly 5PM and home time