Thread: Gecado Mod.35 age question.

Gecado Mod.35 age question.

A Diana/RWS variant, for those wondering.

A q.

The date on mine is either '57 or '67

Due to the fact that the lettering is so small, it could be either. Wonder if any could shed a light on the probabilities. The rearsight has a plastic base and leaf, for some reason I seem to imagine that '57 is too far back, yet the truth is that the "5" or "6" has a square "back" i.e. looks more like a 5.

Otherwise looks like any similar Diana.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

DM80 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    A Diana/RWS variant, for those wondering.

A q.

The date on mine is either '57 or '67

Due to the fact that the lettering is so small, it could be either. Wonder if any could shed a light on the probabilities. The rearsight has a plastic base and leaf, for some reason I seem to imagine that '57 is too far back, yet the truth is that the "5" or "6" has a square "back" i.e. looks more like a 5.

Otherwise looks like any similar Diana.
    it will be 67 they did not put the date on them in the 50's

dave.

Dave's spot on. I'm told by a former Diana employee that the date stamps only started in 1966.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Fabtastic, thanks to all, never imagined a quick response on this, but the BBS's members never cease to amaze!
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Hi

I just had the same problem on my old Original mod50, it's deffo '68 but the type must have been in a square block and it made the 6 look like a 5, had to get my jewellers loupe out to make sure

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/