Thread: vintage bsa part wanted

Improved Model D Cocking Link Wanted

Has anyone got a cocking lever for a pre WW1 BSA Light Pattern Improved model D etc? I don't need the long lever, just the shorter lever, the bit that engages with the piston.
    Cheers Scott
    Last edited by Prewar; 10-12-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Can anyone help?
    I thought I had got sorted out with one, but the part I got was to big (from a standard pattern), would consider buying a whole rifle if cheap enough, not too worried about condition. PM with details if you have one.

Hi Pewar,

All is not lost if you have a larger leaver.If you can not find a Light Pattern leaver.See if you can find someone who is a very cleaver welder fabricator.To someone who is a master of his craft,I would think he might be able to shorten the one you have found..

Good luck in your quest ...I hope to pick up an Improved Mod D Light Pattern on Sunday....

Regard's

Inproved....Steve....

Thanks Steve, but I have posted the long one back, I am sure one will turn up eventually, or maybe I can get the original one I have repaired

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by inproved View Post
    Hi Pewar,

All is not lost if you have a larger leaver.If you can not find a Light Pattern leaver.See if you can find someone who is a very cleaver welder fabricator.To someone who is a master of his craft,I would think he might be able to shorten the one you have found..

Good luck in your quest ...I hope to pick up an Improved Mod D Light Pattern on Sunday....

Regard's

Inproved....Steve....
    Looking forward to some piccies when you get it Steve .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by inproved View Post
    Hi Pewar,

Regard's

Inproved....Steve....

Errrrr...Eddie..