Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ## BSA Club underlever Circa 1939 ##

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    See how easy I can mount up........
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Spares

Yes....if you break for spares it can be a better way to make the return on your initial purchase but is sad that the rifle would be lost down this route.
    If your lucky enough to find a market for the sight, you may well get 20 to 30 quid for it. Dont forget some shops will often have original unused spares with which your well used spare is up against.
    Stocks are tricky, with many enthusiasts and dealers accepting dirty stocks with the odd blemish here and there but bad stocks can be virtually worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessa View Post
    If your lucky enough to find a market for the sight, you may well get 20 to 30 quid for it. Dont forget some shops will often have original unused spares with which your well used spare is up against.
    I'm curious to know the source of your confident assertions on this thread Mr Bessa? If you can show me "some shops" that have original unused pre-War BSA spares for sale I'll eat one of my Improved Model Ds for dinner.

It's a brave (or daft) man who second guesses Lakey's (or Edbear2's) verdict on matters concerning vintage BSAs .
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

"See how easy I can mount up"
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Perhaps I should have check the spelling before I hit the send button

What I meant to say was " See how easy it can mount up"

Yes....if you break for spares it can be a better way to make the return on your initial purchase but is sad that the rifle would be lost down this route.
    Stocks are tricky, with many enthusiasts and dealers accepting dirty stocks with the odd blemish here and there but bad stocks can be virtually worthless.
    I agree with you, that it is sad to break a rifle purely for financial gain, however in the ' Cold light of financial day ' more and more people are going down this route on 'the bay'. Other thing you must remember is most collectors will always prefer a period spare for an old rifle, in preference to a modern copy, so that means that there is always a ready market for genuine period spare parts. I too would like to find a shop with new B.S.A underlever spares I would buy the lot!

Lakey

Hi all, What might you say about ME, I am puting a 1911 BSA bits'a togeather!!!!!!!! (just for the fun)
    Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm curious to know the source of your confident assertions on this thread Mr Bessa? If you can show me "some shops" that have original unused pre-War BSA spares for sale I'll eat one of my Improved Model Ds for dinner.

It's a brave (or daft) man who second guesses Lakey's (or Edbear2's) verdict on matters concerning vintage BSAs .
    Will that be with salad or veg sir ?

BSA Standard rear sight blade purchased from a local retailer just last March still wrapped in brown greaseproof paper

Whats for desert ? maybe a something light like a meteor

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Will that be with salad or veg sir ?

BSA Standard rear sight blade purchased from a local retailer just last March still wrapped in brown greaseproof paper

Whats for desert ? maybe a something light like a meteor
    I quoted the original post carefully.... "some shops" and "spares" (plural) just in case some smartarse came up with a one-off purchase.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I quoted the original post carefully.... "some shops" and "spares" (plural) just in case some smartarse came up with a one-off purchase.
    That's the nicest thing I have ever been called on this site

Spares

Yes....take the point.....old BSA underlever spares arent exactly jumping out the woodwork. I was talking generically for all older guns really and probably later models than early pattern BSA.
    John Knibbs once had spares for one or 2 of the early pattern models and Surrey guns had a selection of peep sight and rearsights for some quite old specimens.
    I turned up a peep for a BSA Club at flee market last year 15 quid.

Yes....take the point.....old BSA underlever spares arent exactly jumping out the woodwork. I was talking generically for all older guns really and probably later models than early pattern BSA.
    John Knibbs once had spares for one or 2 of the early pattern models and Surrey guns had a selection of peep sight and rearsights for some quite old specimens.
    I turned up a peep for a BSA Club at flee market last year 15 quid.
    Just give Danny the name of a couple of gun shops that once sold at least two bits.

Gas mk 4 for about 28 years should have it cooked