Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle Scope

Hi,

A Hawke Sidewinder TAC 30 (http://www.hawkeoptics.com/global/ri...ical/index.php)

can also be a good choice. I have many scopes and when you're looking for good quality for the price, this is one to consider.
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

hawke sidwinder, there the nuts and top class glass for the money

With the bsa scope rails a 4x32 should be ok at those ranges. Mega mag scopes do not work well at dawn and dusk, lamping 3x times works best

l'm waiting for delivery of my new MTC Taipan 6x24 x56, looks great and so are the reviews but this might be a bit overkill for 16 meters
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Logun mk 2 Professional, MTC Taipan 6x24x56

scope

get a second hand bushnell of here you won t go far wrong,

As the man above

Help

Hi Guys
    I have just bought a second hand AA TX200 from my local dealer. It came with a scope which I am having trouble with and I am looking for help/ inspiration/ rescue not necesarily in that order.

The scope is actually a rifle scope called a bushmaster BCD which stands for Bullett something something. Basically using readings on the scope ocular bell it acts as a range finder dependant on the quarry you have in the reticle. It works by adjusting two horizontal parralel lines to frame the sight picture.

No i dont get it either which is why I need HELP.

Yours in panic and frustration
    Olliekooga

The short answer is forget that as a method of rangefinding.

They are designed to work with a target of known size. In the early days of FT (Field Target) shooting the kill zones on the targets were the same size.

Given the above condition, you adjust the magnification on the scope such that the target just fits between the two horizontal lines and then simply read off the distance to target.

Some scopes even had the top scope turret similarly marked, you would twiddle the turret and then the scope would be correctly adjusted to allow you to aim directly at the target.

The more modern way is to use a laser rangefinder (LRF). If shooting competitions they aren't allowed.

In FT high magnification scopes are used, these have very shallow depth of field and hence this means the focus mechanism can be used to accurately estimate range. +/- 1 yard @ 55 yards is not impossible.

In HFT no adjustment to the scope is allowed once the round has begun, making any of the above redundant as means of estimating range. There are various techniques to assist in range estimation, but that's a whole different debate.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Olliekooga View Post
    Hi Guys
    I have just bought a second hand AA TX200 from my local dealer. It came with a scope which I am having trouble with and I am looking for help/ inspiration/ rescue not necesarily in that order.

The scope is actually a rifle scope called a bushmaster BCD which stands for Bullett something something. Basically using readings on the scope ocular bell it acts as a range finder dependant on the quarry you have in the reticle. It works by adjusting two horizontal parralel lines to frame the sight picture.

No i dont get it either which is why I need HELP.

Yours in panic and frustration
    Olliekooga
    I think this should have been a new thread!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Try the hawke 10x42

scope

try hwkeye dont think you can fault them for that sort of thing.i have the 3-9-50 on my 22rf lr and its never let me down. i have used them for years