im a living in budapest ,hungary & saw 1 of these amazing pistols for sale 2nd hand in a gun shop here. i bought it as i had never seen 1 before, the shop owner told me how hard to find they are as the hungarians are a proud people & like to hang onto things that were made in their country.since owning this pistolwhich is the later gpm 02 model, i did as much research on them as i could, yes the best info is in hungarian...so its a struggle, to say the least. i found that there have been alot of modifications done to the pistols by private owners & to the feg clg rifle which is the same receiver & internals as the pistol but with a rifle stock which is made from beech not walnut....shame about that. it has a 20 inch barrel also in a .177 calibre.interestingly its possible to make a pistol out of the rifle & vice versa.
i decided after seeing the photos of pistol conversions to have a go at 1 myself with the pistol that id bought. i found a photo of the first ever co2 pistol by the frenchman paul giffard who patented a most elegant air pistol & rifle in 1889, which are still around & working today. the feg gpm pistol had a similar form to the giffard pistol with the co2 reservoir slung under the barrel. the major differences are the angularness of the feg & the saw handled stock as opposed to the banana shaped stock on the giffard. i decided to base the conversion on the giffard pistol as i prefer the pistols of antiquity to modern plastic weapons. the work took about a month. i changed the stock ,the trigger & trigger guard, the front & rear sights & finally modified a longer .177 barrel that came from an air rifle from a flea market that had an excellent bore to give a 10 inch barrel instead of the 8 inch 1 that was on the pistol. these pistols are really easy to modify, all the components are machined from proper stock metals & theres no plastic anywhere on them. after finishing the pistol the first thing i did was to locate another 1 , the guy in the gun shop wasnt lying when he said that they are scarce. after sending email after email to ads & getting no reply i found 1. it was the earlier model the gpm 01. there are minor modifications on the 02 model which increase the muzzle velocity, which are really interesting. also the cocking lever has a dent to help keep it locked in the cocked position when refilling with co2. the 01 model lacks this feature. also the communication chamber between the co2 reservoir & the barrel is wider on the 02 model at 5mm , its 3.25 on the gpm 01. its quite an easy job to open this tube up to 5mm & make an inset that is an m6 external & m4 internal thread , it does makes a difference . i read many threads about owners of these pistols having leaking seals. i experienced this myself & had many failed attempts with replacement seals before figuring it out.more to follow.