Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feg gpm 01/ 02 competition air pistols

feg gpm 01/ 02 competition air pistols

im a living in budapest ,hungary & saw 1 of these amazing pistols for sale 2nd hand in a gun shop here. i bought it as i had never seen 1 before, the shop owner told me how hard to find they are as the hungarians are a proud people & like to hang onto things that were made in their country.since owning this pistolwhich is the later gpm 02 model, i did as much research on them as i could, yes the best info is in hungarian...so its a struggle, to say the least. i found that there have been alot of modifications done to the pistols by private owners & to the feg clg rifle which is the same receiver & internals as the pistol but with a rifle stock which is made from beech not walnut....shame about that. it has a 20 inch barrel also in a .177 calibre.interestingly its possible to make a pistol out of the rifle & vice versa.
    i decided after seeing the photos of pistol conversions to have a go at 1 myself with the pistol that id bought. i found a photo of the first ever co2 pistol by the frenchman paul giffard who patented a most elegant air pistol & rifle in 1889, which are still around & working today. the feg gpm pistol had a similar form to the giffard pistol with the co2 reservoir slung under the barrel. the major differences are the angularness of the feg & the saw handled stock as opposed to the banana shaped stock on the giffard. i decided to base the conversion on the giffard pistol as i prefer the pistols of antiquity to modern plastic weapons. the work took about a month. i changed the stock ,the trigger & trigger guard, the front & rear sights & finally modified a longer .177 barrel that came from an air rifle from a flea market that had an excellent bore to give a 10 inch barrel instead of the 8 inch 1 that was on the pistol. these pistols are really easy to modify, all the components are machined from proper stock metals & theres no plastic anywhere on them. after finishing the pistol the first thing i did was to locate another 1 , the guy in the gun shop wasnt lying when he said that they are scarce. after sending email after email to ads & getting no reply i found 1. it was the earlier model the gpm 01. there are minor modifications on the 02 model which increase the muzzle velocity, which are really interesting. also the cocking lever has a dent to help keep it locked in the cocked position when refilling with co2. the 01 model lacks this feature. also the communication chamber between the co2 reservoir & the barrel is wider on the 02 model at 5mm , its 3.25 on the gpm 01. its quite an easy job to open this tube up to 5mm & make an inset that is an m6 external & m4 internal thread , it does makes a difference . i read many threads about owners of these pistols having leaking seals. i experienced this myself & had many failed attempts with replacement seals before figuring it out.more to follow.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi customstocker, and welcome to the BBS -- especially Collectorts Corner which is the best bit by a country mile . Fascinating and most interesting account you have posted above for us, so thank you for sharing that with us. If you can, a few photos would be good to aid the story, too, for which you will have to post links via an external hosting site like Photobucket. Anyway, once again, welcome to the BBS . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

photos of the feg gpm custom air pistol

hi gareth, thanks for the reply. photos.......hmm might take me a while to sort that out, ive got some pretty good images, just not too quick with the computer so i will do my best cheers

customising

very interesting post. i'am a fan of co2 ( odd i know) and use a tau 7 and aeron b96 regularly. i'd like a co2 target rifle but the only two i'am aware of are the alpha proji which i've never seen for sale anywhere and the tau 200 which i've only seen advertised once and that was two years ago. i have pondered the idea of building a rifle using a tau or cameleaon as the base and adding a stock and barrel as you describe. trouble is that a decent pistol is going to make this a very expensive project. i didn't realise that feg did a rifle version. are there any other co2 target rifles out there that i should know about and has anyone come across a tau 200 or the alpha?

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.
    A fellow shooter at my club uses a Steyr CO2 target rifle. It is bulk filled, but I cannot tell you much more than that. Look up Steyr CO2 in this site and on Google? Pete. Best of luck.

Hi,
    In reply to the post by J Potter here is a link to the Tau Brno CZ website they seem to have expanded the range of Co2 rifles and pistols somewhat and at very reasonable prices including a running boar type target rifle.
    BTW, if you use the Google Chrome browser you get very good instant language translations...Dave...

I forgot to mention that with the Euro value decreasing daily it could be worth keeping an eye on currency exchange rates to pick up some bargains...
    Last edited by Oldandshaky; 02-12-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    very interesting post. i'am a fan of co2 ( odd i know) and use a tau 7 and aeron b96 regularly. i'd like a co2 target rifle but the only two i'am aware of are the alpha proji which i've never seen for sale anywhere and the tau 200 which i've only seen advertised once and that was two years ago. i have pondered the idea of building a rifle using a tau or cameleaon as the base and adding a stock and barrel as you describe. trouble is that a decent pistol is going to make this a very expensive project. i didn't realise that feg did a rifle version. are there any other co2 target rifles out there that i should know about and has anyone come across a tau 200 or the alpha?
    Some of the earlier Steyr's were Co2 as already mentioned, but the most common ones available are FWB model C60 I think. There are a couple in our club.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Just looked on http://www.druckluftwaffenonline.de/ he has several Co2 match rifles, Walther, FWB, and Steyr ranging from 350 to 550 euro.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I've a FEG GPM-01 10m pistol that's great to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    Hammerli made a CO2 Match rifle. The front trigger cocks the action and releases the pop up loading port. The actual trigger is adjustable and very nice to use.

co2 rifles

many thanks for all these replies, i'll check them all out.

feg co2 air rifle

hi, the feg company produced 2 co2 rifles , like the 2 pistols, internally these probably compare. they are called the clg 62 & 70. im guessing the 70 is the later model, i will ask somebody here for the info, ive never seen 1 in the flesh but as theyre made from beech wood people usually stain them dark, which looks horrible, the beech figure has small dots running through it , these dont take the stain at all & stand out ruining the fake walnut effect. like the tau brno pistol there is a big steel weight that is designed to screw onto the muzzle of the rifle to help balance the weapon but some that ive seen on the net lack this weight, maybe its an after sales item? im thinking of getting 1 of these rifles, but 1 that hasnt been messed about. having said that though im working on a 2nd custom pistol at the moment which is based on the gpm 01 ( earlier pistol) ive upgraded the internals to match the extra power of the 02 ( later) model & found a brand new clg 20 inch rifle barrel which ive cut down to 13 inches, 1 inch of which fits into the fore end of the receiver . just removing 2 small bolts on the receiver allows the barrels to pull off, so easy, its pretty heavy so needs a large stock with a big brass finial attached to it for good balance, i didnt want to build a carbine stock , but that would also be fairly simple....if you have a small milling machine or a lathe!. these guns are a dream to modify, theres only a rear drum & bolt fixing which swivels & attaches the receiver to the stock allowing just about any new stock shape & angle to be fitted .theres also a side screw but ive found that if the stock is a nice tight fit ,that can be excluded if you didnt want this bolt on a replacement stock of a new type. the original feg gpm stocks have a huge gap on the left side to accomodate the cocking lever & it was this that made me decide to change it in the first place.it lets the pistol down in my opinion, theyre still amazing to shoot ....but that gap, its got to go.

pictured of a restocked feg gpm 02 10 metre competition co2 air pistol

http://http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z467/customstocker/ ive set up a file on the photobucket website of the finished pistol with an image of what it looked like before i got my hands on it. the( before ) picture is of the 01 model which differs externally with its longer barrel, 240 mm as opposed to the 205 mm of the 02 model, the front sight is also different with a bolt on aluminium sleeve. the 02 model has a simple slide on steel foresight with a sun shade over it....well it had this originally . the new rear sight was built from brass & steel & has umbrella finials on the adjusting screws. its probably not everybodys cup of tea but the large chequered grip is very comfortable & its still consistantly accurate.

ive just added the 2nd version of the custom job ive done on these cool pistols, the pics arent in any order but theres some descriptions with the images, best i could do im afraid, god i loathe computers. enjoy.
    Last edited by customstocker; 08-12-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: to add a link to images & info

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Can you post a link?

link for images of custom feg gpm target pistols