Thread: Some positive coverage coming up on BBC

Some positive coverage coming up on BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/9243287.stm

BBC Scotland's Sports Monthly will be highlighting Neil Stirton and Jen McIntosh. Only fair really since shooting was (again) Scotland's most successful sport at the Commonwealths.

There's a highly complimentary article from a former-anti on the other end of the link.

Comes up on Dec. 4th if you're in Scotland, or can get regional TV on FreeSat/Cable.

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer for the rest of us
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    What a great article, a non believer discovering not only that we are not all "Thomas Hamiltons" but also discovering the joy of the sport, and one that all can excel at regardless of age, sex or physique.
    Pity we can't get more of this type of publicity and more of a will from our Olympic organisers for the Olympics to leave us with any legacy to shooting sport from the event.
    I'm not surprised this emanated from Scotland, they should be congratulated, they have really got their teeth into developing their squads and promoting the sport whilst we in England and Great Britain in general seem to have an organisational death wish upon our sport.
    But as you say at last some positive coverage, pity its not national.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks for posting that Hemmers,a positive report about shooting, and from the BBC no less.
    Peter

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    A very interesting article which gets accross how difficult it is to become an Olympic shot, looking forward to hearing the show on the 4th
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/9243287.stm

BBC Scotland's Sports Monthly will be highlighting Neil Stirton and Jen McIntosh. Only fair really since shooting was (again) Scotland's most successful sport at the Commonwealths.

There's a highly complimentary article from a former-anti on the other end of the link.

Comes up on Dec. 4th if you're in Scotland, or can get regional TV on FreeSat/Cable.

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer for the rest of us
    Excellent link. Your sure are a gold mine of information Mr Hemmers!!!

I just passed it on from another forum, but if spending too much time on forums makes me a mine of knowledge, then guilty I suppose
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Well done Hemmers, how long will it be before the English press can give a balanced view?
    Regards
    Bob

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Its well frozen over here, so I suppose hell could be next?
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks for sharing, an interesting read. I'll look out for it on the iplayer