Thread: Adjustable iris wanted.......

Adjustable iris wanted.......

...it is for a Diana 60T, but I know the an Anshutz will fit & I've been told that a Gehmann & a Centra will as well.
    The Diana iris has an external thread diameter of 9.4 mm (on verynear!!) but I don't know what thread it is (not standard metric)
    This is not for comps, just need a basic adjustable iris at a reasonable price.
    Please let me know of any links you might see
    Cheers Dave

search Anschutz on the auction site they come up on there sometimes.

HTH
    Alan

been there, done that! 3 french sites as well!
    Thanks anyway
    db

bump for bed!

Sorted thanks
    db

Hi,
    Can I ask how you got sorted? (I'm looking for something similar for a Pedersoli Rolling Block)

Cheers.

Hi Rob, I got sorted by advertising in the wanted section & some body contacted me with one for sale.
    Not trying to profess to know what I am talking about, cos I don't, but what sight have you got on your rolling block? Will a multi iris like Anshutz fit as the thread diameter is approx 9.4 mm?
    A Parker Hale multi iris has a smaller thread diameter, approx 5.7mm.
    Is this to fit on a tang sight?
    I have a complete new Williams peep sight for sale.(just re read your post & I don't think this will suit)
    If I can help with pics of what I have (Anshutz, Diana, Parker Hale, Williams) let me know.
    If you know exactly what you want; then I'll shut me gob!
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I've got a USA 436 Creedmore sight on the rolling block - and it's fine in good light.
    Problem is that I also shoot a lot indoors (it's chambered for .357 ), and the aperture is too small to allow sufficient light through. Unfortunately I don't know the thread size of the disc, which makes thing tricky. I found the "Merit #3 Disc" adjustable iris at http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html which looks pretty good - and they have a "metric adapter" available for use on European 9.5mm-1mm threaded sights.
    I really should work out the thread size of the Creedmore - just not sure how?

Cheers.

Join the club! As said I have a 1954 BSA Martini International with a Parker Hale sight.
    Ah English thread? Might be, but not, Whitworth (no surprise) but who has UNF, BSF or UNC nuts lying around (& labeled) to compare? Not many
    Same with my i960's Diana. Ah must be metric? So it might be, but not bog standard metric So I have no idea.
    So without a set of multi lingual thread gauges, best of luck!
    I found that the Anshutz fitted my Diana by borrowing one at my club. This is the only advice I can give you. If you buy on a punt, you will end up with a sight that is no good to you (anyone want to buy a new Williams peep sight??????)

Just as an extra. Next time a PM might be better as I had finished with this thread when I said 'sorted' & saw your reply by accident. Don't want people asking something & me not replying. That's just plain rude!!
    db

Both Centra and Gehmann supply rear irises with different threads.

David

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Join the club! As said I have a 1954 BSA Martini International with a Parker Hale sight.
    Ah English thread? Might be, but not, Whitworth (no surprise) but who has UNF, BSF or UNC nuts lying around (& labeled) to compare? Not many
    Same with my i960's Diana. Ah must be metric? So it might be, but not bog standard metric So I have no idea.
    So without a set of multi lingual thread gauges, best of luck!
    I found that the Anshutz fitted my Diana by borrowing one at my club. This is the only advice I can give you. If you buy on a punt, you will end up with a sight that is no good to you (anyone want to buy a new Williams peep sight??????)

Just as an extra. Next time a PM might be better as I had finished with this thread when I said 'sorted' & saw your reply by accident. Don't want people asking something & me not replying. That's just plain rude!!
    db
    The thread on my Parker-Hale fitting Gehmann eyepiece is od .223 inch X 40TPI, and must, I think, be a special.
    The Anschutz thread is 8.5mm X 1mm pitch.
    Hope this helps
    Peter

Thanks for all the help guys - but it seems the 436 Creedmore has a really unique thread, it measures 3.4mm od, so it seems I'm stuck with what I've got

Cheers.