Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UBC 6yd Rd2 Competition starts Sat 4th Dec

I'd just like to echo Paddy's sentiments, we had a brilliant day. Nigel hasn't shot pistol for over 10 years, so please go easy on him when the results are published.

We had an absolute blast of a day, thanks to the Solware guys for bringing all their toys, thanks to Nigel for taking the time to attend and to listen to Paddy and I banging on and on and on about the UBC, and thanks to the wonderful guys at Tamworth Shooting Club for making us so welcome.

And a big thanks to Paddy, Helen, Sloan, Sinead and poorly baby Sapphire for your wonderful hospitality. For a while there, I almost believed I was part of the Egan clan.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I'd just like to echo Paddy's sentiments, we had a brilliant day. Nigel hasn't shot pistol for over 10 years, so please go easy on him when the results are published.

We had an absolute blast of a day, thanks to the Solware guys for bringing all their toys, thanks to Nigel for taking the time to attend and to listen to Paddy and I banging on and on and on about the UBC, and thanks to the wonderful guys at Tamworth Shooting Club for making us so welcome.

And a big thanks to Paddy, Helen, Sloan, Sinead and poorly baby Sapphire for your wonderful hospitality. For a while there, I almost believed I was part of the Egan clan.
    Thanks Mike.

I've done a quick review of the pistol used by Nigel Silcock (Umarex Makarov) >>HERE<<( I think I used up most of the Co2 before they used in the competition)

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi all

Scores in so far

Spring: 5
    SSP: 6
    Co2: 8 (Owner of Brocock & Solware included)
    PCP: 4
    6mm: 5
    Sideshoot: 2

Half way through the comp abit quiet, but understandable due to the weather, well for the ones that shoot outside anyway

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

December Sideshoot...

Paddy,
    Have just emailed my score - a difficult target but I did not get more than two in a bed (sounds kinda rude, doesn't it?). I have to be honest, I only just "nicked" the 5-circle with the bottom two targets - if I had been shooting 4.5mm instead of 6mm then I would have scored lower by ten points. Great fun - looking forward to Jim D's next creation!
    ATB, Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meteor View Post
    Paddy,
    Have just emailed my score - a difficult target but I did not get more than two in a bed (sounds kinda rude, doesn't it?). I have to be honest, I only just "nicked" the 5-circle with the bottom two targets - if I had been shooting 4.5mm instead of 6mm then I would have scored lower by ten points. Great fun - looking forward to Jim D's next creation!
    ATB, Adrian.

Hi Adrian

Thanks for your entry in the sideshoot.

It is a shame that the numbers are drindling in the sideshoots. Three so far

However they will still be carried on aslong as someone enters them

The main aim for me with these sideshoots is put the 'fun' into shooting. The serious stuff is for the 6yd & more so the 10m competitions.

Tell you what Adrian as we haven't got a January sideshoot sorted, give me an idea/concept & I'll put it to Jim. No pressure like

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Final weekend push

Scores in so far

Spring: 6
    SSP: 7
    Co2: 10 (Owner of Brocock & Solware included)
    PCP: 4
    6mm: 5
    Sideshoot: 3

Hope you all can get the opportunity to shoot the comp & then it's straight onto the 10m & Police Comps. No rest for the wicked eh..

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Delighted...

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Adrian

However they will still be carried on aslong as someone enters them

The main aim for me with these sideshoots is put the 'fun' into shooting. The serious stuff is for the 6yd & more so the 10m competitions.

Tell you what Adrian as we haven't got a January sideshoot sorted, give me an idea/concept & I'll put it to Jim. No pressure like

Regards
    Paddy.
    Would be delighted! Myself and Mrs M are on the case!
    ATB, Adrian.
    PS. You're an "early bird", Paddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meteor View Post
    Would be delighted! Myself and Mrs M are on the case!
    ATB, Adrian.
    PS. You're an "early bird", Paddy!
    Thanks Adrian.

I don't sleep much, so when I'm up I go on the PC, doing UBC & other stuff
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Slave driver, dumps us with a double lot of competitions and then moans about lack of side shoot entries

My scores are in for the main competitions, if the second coat of emulsion goes on well in the kitchen tomorrow, I'll have a go at the side shoot for you. Trouble is it's works Christmas do tonight, so God knows what time I'll surface tomorrow.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Slave driver, dumps us with a double lot of competitions and then moans about lack of side shoot entries

My scores are in for the main competitions, if the second coat of emulsion goes on well in the kitchen tomorrow, I'll have a go at the side shoot for you. Trouble is it's works Christmas do tonight, so God knows what time I'll surface tomorrow.
    I jef, sorry for dumping two comps on & it is the same this week aswell.

Thanks for your scores. No worries about the Sideshoot. Hope you don't get too drunk.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hope you don't get too drunk.

Regards
    Paddy.
    I did!
    I've now got a bad head
    It was a good bash though, nice meal, a live band after, and the company even paid for the wine with dinner, at 8 bottles per table of ten people
    So I drank quite a bit; well, the bottles had already been opened and it would only have been thrown away; it would have been churlish to refuse it.
    Did I say I've got a bad head?

So, although I just managed to get the kitchen painting finished (got to keep 'er indoors happy this close to Christmas) I'm afraid the side shoot has gone out the window again this week.
    I'm going for a lie down now.
    I've got a bad head.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it